This Role will be working within an entrepreneurial team, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment. You'll work with highly skilled operators and program managers inventing and iterating to design the most effective operational processes. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You'll be able to interface directly with customers in a way almost no one else in the industry can. You'll lead a team of problem-solving associates to become owners and to reach challenging goals. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced and dynamic environment.
Five key areas that you'll always focus on are safety, quality, customer experience, productivity, and fun.
On a daily basis, you can expect to:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all associates
- Review the work forecasts and determine productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Balance labour, ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all production goals
- Embrace a start-up mentality and emphasise "have fun"
There are various shifts - flexibility is required.
You are responsible for ensuring that you have properly trained people and that their needs are addressed so they can focus on their jobs. You will ensure company policies are implemented and administered fairly and consistently. This includes motivating, coaching, reporting, and providing feedback of associates performance as a means for achieving or exceeding expectations. The Operations Supervisor will address discipline and/or performance issues including up to termination
- Must have GCSE's or equivalent
- Direct management experience for employees in a retail, distribution, or logistics environment
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and or evenings.
- Management of a minimum of 7 employees
- Interest in long term career development through assignments in multiple fulfilment centres across the nation
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to problem solve and prioritise with little guidance
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with all levels of associates and management
- Demonstrated ability to use computer and wireless technology
£11.35 Per hour
Paid overtime available
Company specific benefits
Genuine opportunities to progress within the company
Experience in the following may also be beneficial: Warehouse Management, Operations Manager, Team Leader, Warehouse operations Manager, Warehouse supervisor, Section Leader, Warehouse Operative, supervisor, logistics, distribution, picking, packing, etc.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job