Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Operations Shift Manager to be based in our distribution site in West Drayton.
As a Operations Shift Manager you will be responsible for managing and providing direction to day to day transport operations and ongoing issues as well as provision of an efficient distribution service to all customers (internal and external). You will be focusing on ensuring adequate resources are available for the operation and ensuring legal compliance with regards to transport and H&S regulations.
- Execute delivery operations including inter-company trunks and radial routes, compliant with customer’s expectation of delivery service, i.e. timely and accurate delivery of undamaged goods, ensuring all paperwork, systems and procedures are followed
- Ensure that all team members possess a high degree of customer awareness and provide excellent customer service at all times
- Provision of timely communication and information to the team and ensure excellent communication
- Respond to any defects identified, whether physical or process, and act quickly to satisfactorily record, investigate and resolve them ensuring no sub-standard equipment of processes are used in daily operations
- Respond to on road breakdowns, ensuring appropriate information is recorded at the time of the incident, and taking appropriate action to arrange repair, vehicle and driver recovery and onward distribution of products
- Maintain vehicle loading & delivery records in line with Adelie Foods operational & audit requirements
- Ensure complaince with staff procedures, training, health and safety and equipment
This role is a full-time, working 42 hours per week. The working days are on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, with the shift times being 6pm to 6am.
The ideal candidate
- Previous experience of managing a transport shift operation
- Proven track record of mnaging teams
- Excellant communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to make decisions under pressure
- CPC - Ideal but not essential
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £30,000 per annum
- 23 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free Lunch
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Delivery Operations
- Legal Compliance