An exciting, challenging new role has arisen for an experienced Operations / Purchasing Manager to join their dynamic team at their Camberley head office. Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for all aspects of stock control from forecasting to purchasing, negotiation to control. You will need to be confident with liaising with suppliers and logistic companies, ensuring best practice.
You must have previous experience within a manufacturing role (of at least 2 years+) and experience of using suppliers in the Far East is desirable.
Responsibilities Operations / Purchasing Manager :
· Develop a purchasing strategy
· Forecast levels of demand for services and products
· Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
· Manage, train and supervise the Warehouse Team
· Keeping stock control systems up-to-date, ensuring stock accuracy levels
· Liaise with suppliers, customers and logistics companies
· Build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers - ensuring that suppliers are aware of business objectives
· Negotiate and agree pricing, contracts and rebates, monitoring the quality of service provided
· Evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
· Develop strategies to make sure that cost savings and supplier performance targets are met - or exceeded
· Undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
· Produce presentations about market analysis and possible growth
· Produce weekly and monthly reports for senior levels of management
Essential Operations / Purchasing Manager
· Excellent oral, written, numeracy and analytical skills
· Excellent communication with suppliers, clients and work team
· Experience of at least 2 years in a similar role
· A team player
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Competent with IT systems
· Problem solving skills and the ability to work on a tactical and strategic level
· The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
· Experience of using Orderwise and ACT (training can be given)
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm.
- purchasing procurement
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'