Job title: Operations Payments Team Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,00 plus bonus plus benefits
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: MC/19413
The Role:Our banking client, conveniently located in central London, is looking to recruit an Operations Payments Team Manager for their specialist support team. This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly growing banking business with UK based customers and the desire to expand into Europe in the very near future. Responsibilities include;
- Perform and oversee all operational tasks to ensure effective day to day running of banks payment services.
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing Payment transactions that fail their Straight Through Processing (STP) are authorised accurately (Bacs, Faster Payments, CHAPS, RTGS, VISA, Mastercard.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert (either Reconcilliations or Cheques or Payments or a combination).
- Oversee processing and maintenance of Direct Debits, Standing Orders etc within operational schedules.
- Resolve customer queries regarding payments.
- Build and maintain relationships with customers, payment schemes and colleagues ensuring continuous excellent customer service.
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of AML, KYC, banking sanctions and FCA regulations.
- Produce reports and management information.
- Support Head of Operations and act as a delegate in day to day running of the support team.
- Some travel to Bristol (1/2 days per week).
The Company:Our client is a new banking business operating in a niche area of Financial Services and looking to grow their customer base in the UK and Europe.
The Benefits: to £50,000 - £60,000 plus bonus plus benefits
The Person:You will need to have:
- Ideally c5 years payments processing experience including knowledge of UK clearing systems.
- Proven people management experience with a Banking Operational environment.
- Experience of dealing with corporate and commercial customers.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- FS and/or Banking background.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to make operational decisions.
Name - Matt Cooper
If your application is successful we aim to contact you the same day to discuss the opportunity in more detail.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, please feel free to contact us as we may have other vacancies that would better suit your skills & experience.
Also, please do not hesitate to pass Cavendish Maine’s details, or a particular vacancy you’ve seen advertised, onto a colleague/friend as they may benefit from this information and please continue to view our vacancies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job