Operations Manager - Days
Who are we?
At Menzies Distribution we’ve been delivering across the UK since 1833 – to and from every high street, as well as reaching the areas others can’t. Today, we’re Logistics UK’s most innovative business of the year. With a strong focus on the future, sustainability and innovation – we keep moving forwards.
About the role:
Are you an experienced Operations Manager looking for your next opportunity?
We’re looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team in Preston. We’re looking for someone with a smart approach and previous people management skills. Who will be able to blend in to a small ‘in plant’ team to successfully manage the operation of the contract.
This is a 4 month fixed term contract (Monday-Friday), in addition to a standard salary this role has a holiday allowance of 20 days excluding bank holidays.
What your day will look like:
- Maintain a safe working environment which complies with all aspects of the Company H&S policy
- Accountability for the management and supervision of the dispatch operation.
- Effective leadership and management developing best practice across areas of responsibility.
- Manage, support and develop the operational team through continuous improvement and proactive communication.
- Ensure the performance of the operation exceeds customer expectations in line with recognised contract KPI’s.
- Liaise, support and develop effective working relationships with internal and external customers
- Responsible for compliance including H&S and Standard Operating Procedures, including accident investigation and route cause analysis.
- Assist the Contract Manager in ensuring all operational performance standards are met, monitored and maintained in accordance with contractual service level agreements
- Line management responsibility for the relevant Human Resources Policies and practices such as recruitment, development, absence management, performance management etc
- Undertaking reviews as necessary and giving feedback on any performance or time keeping issues etc, undertaking action as necessary.
- Plan and arrange for the training and development of operational staff, including upholding highest standards of H&S ensuring all inductions and regular training is complete and logged.
- Ensure and monitor effective use of driver and vehicle resources, being proactive in achieving fuel efficiency and improved MPG
- Establish and develop working relationships with the customer, representing the contract in relevant cross functional and external review meetings on a daily, weekly, monthly basis as required.
- Compile and analyse operational and financial performance data to identify service efficiencies and improvement around, MPG, Tachos, fuel and damage.
- Coordinate site housekeeping/maintenance to ensure H&S requirements are upheld
What we need from you:
- ‘Right To Work’ in the UK
- Knowledge of Drivers Hours, Tachograph and WTD legislation.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety.
- Able to manage, motivate and develop people
- Budget management
- CPC holder
- Project management
- KPI development and measurement
- Ability to plan and organise effectively to meet deadlines
- Ability to use and understand computerised systems including TMS and WMS systems
- High level of accuracy and numeracy, keen eye for detail
- Transport management experience preferable
- Exxperience of P+L
- Proficient experience of Microsoft Excel
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'