Vacancy Reference: AMK-OPM-SCOT2-AM-1402
Job Title: Operations Manager
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
Location: Atalian Servest Edinburgh or Glasgow Office
Salary: Dependant on Experience
We are experts in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable.
We have a superb opportunity for an Operations Manager to join the team!
The Operations Manager will be responsible for the delivery of client accounts within their selected portfolio. The role will have the responsibility for the successful commercial and operational delivery of the accounts contracted services in accordance with the contractual SLA’s, Atalian Servest AMK business policies and processes.
This role will have commercial responsibility for the nominated client base, maximizing the P&L performance and ensuring robust management of WIP & Debt.
The candidate will support the Sector Director with implementation of an integrated approach for the delivery of all FM services ensuring that all works are delivered safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality standards.
The delivery of services will be through the utilisation of dedicated resources where feasible with additional utilisation of internal Atalian Servest AMK divisions including Mobile engineering sector, F&S technical services, compliance, FM projects, Cleaning, Security and external supply partners where appropriate. The candidate shall ensure that the appropriate management, technical and operational resources are always employed within the Sector. There will also be a requirement to work collaboratively with the Sector allocated teams and team managers within the Helpdesk / Admin functions to achieve mutually shared objectives.
The Operations manager will manage the appropriate customer relationships within Client organisations providing any necessary escalation points and ensuring that customer satisfaction is achieved.
The Operations manager will deliver all works in line with Atalian Servest AMK management systems, policies and procedures.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required for this position:
- Candidates will ideally be either academically or professionally qualified within an Engineering discipline.
- The candidate should have 5 years middle Management experience in the FM arena managing R&M, Soft Services or Project works including managing an operational site based or mobile team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legislative requirements that impact on the client’s property.
- Hold a valid CSCS card and have relevant H&S qualifications for the position (IOSH, SMSTS).
- Excellent communication skills including presentation and written report writing.
- Good PC skills, including advanced Excel,
- Disclosure Scotland Clearance.
- Full driving licence.
- Effective managerial skills, including the ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Strong commercial acumen, decision making and organisational skills.
- Client focused and professional with the requisite skills to establish and maintain relationships.
- Established relationship building skills.
- A self-motivated person who is target driven and possesses the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a pressurised environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Deadline driven.
- Accomplished presentation skills.
This role may require Disclosure Scotland, Baseline or other similar security clearance.
Hours and Environment
This position will be based from one of the Atalian Servest AMK Scotland offices (either Edinburgh or Glasgow) however the role holder will be required to travel to other offices and client sites on a regular basis.
Core working hours for this position are from 8am until 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. However, flexibility will be expected regarding hours of work to suit the needs of the business and team.
If you are passionate about what you do and want to be part of something special - we would love to hear from you!
Click apply and we will be back in touch soon….
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its’ great people - we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. To find out more about us and look at other opportunities please visit our Atalian Servest website.
Applying for the EU Settlement scheme? Don’t settle for anything less than working for Atalian Servest!
We are an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability or age.
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***
- Engineering Management
- Facilities Management
- Technical Services