We are recruiting an exciting Operations Manager position to work with a rapidly expanding global Manufacturer, based in Shropshire. After a sustained period of growth and a number of new exciting projects about to launch internationally; the ideal candidate will have extensive ability to coach and mentor teams, be a proven change agent & have the ability to lead strategic change at all levels. In return you can expect full autonomy and the opportunity to shape the direction of the business.
Our Client is a market leading rapidly expanding Manufacturer based in Shropshire. With international reach and part of a global group with sites across Europe, this exciting role offers the chance to join a global market leader. Given the size and scope of the business, added to significant opportunities throughout, this opportunity will provide full autonomy in the role and the opportunity to influence strategic direction across the business as their Operations Manager.
Reporting directly into the MD, this role will shape the direction of their Operations team.
- Create detailed training programmes for all team Leaders that will be transmitted to the shop floor in order to produce high quality product within key metrics of quality, cost and delivery
- Develop plans for the department and define required investments with the leadership team
- In conjunction with the leadership team, closely follow financial parameters e.g. investment costs, quality costs, productivity, in order to reduce the production costs
- Monitor and improve plant performance by introducing process plan's and SOP's which look to achieve increased output
- Lead and develop continuous improvement activities across site such as Kaizen, 5s and value stream mapping events which focus on Quality, Cost and Delivery
- Drive and monitor OEE improvements to increase efficiency
- To champion health and safety initiatives, driving the company's behavioural safety programme
- Regularly review the business processes to control business risk assessment, Health & Safety, ISO and Environmental
- Degree qualified in a technical discipline (Engineering or Business)
- Flexible leading a medium-large team and developing team output
- Hands on experience of leading teams in lean and continuous improvement techniques, preferably Six Sigma trained
- Proven track record around improving HSE culture
- Extensive background in coaching and mentoring others
£60,000 - £65,000 + bonus, car etc
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'