£50,000 - £65,0000 Per Annum
About our client
Our client a successful manufacturer based in Droitwich is seeking an Operations Manager to join their company on a permanent basis. The purpose of the role is to Lead, plan and deliver the operations of the business/overseeing production. Commutable distances to Kidderminster, include Droitwich, Stourport, Worcester and the surrounding areas.
- Support the Managing Director with the overall business strategy and develop the Operational Strategy that supports it. Develop the departmental action plans for your team and an effective production planning process.
- Manage the assets, materials and labour to ensure maximum productivity and utilisation
- Deliver performance management to your direct reports and ensure their reports receive likewise. All poor performance to be tackled and dealt with.
- Develop personal development plans for all team members and ensure all training needs are met
- Ensure staff morale is kept high and foster good inter-departmental working
- Control and where possible reduce material costs. Ensure supplier performance and reliability of the supply chain.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and deliver an ongoing program of lean initiatives
- Ensure the processes and controls are in place and manage Quality, Health & Safety and environmental issues.
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Proven experience working within a manufacturing/production environment
- Proven ability to work well in a fast paced environment and to manage and oversee multiple projects and deadlines
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Take a direct, hands-on approach and be able to communicate with staff at all levels
- Confident, assertive and independent
- Be able to challenge and question decisions
- Be able to demonstrate commercial awareness
- Competent in systems and process management, leadership skills, business planning and reporting.
- Resilient and effective communication skills
- Commercial vehicle background is preferred but not essential
What's on offer?
- Permanent Position
- Competitive package
How To Apply:
If you think you have the skills and experience we are looking for them please do not hesitate to email me:
Pertemps specialise in temporary and permanent recruitment for Commercial, Industrial, Driving, Logistics, Engineering and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have other opportunities available - please visit our website.
Seeking temporary work? All Pertemps flexible employees receive a Guaranteed hours contract of employment and enjoy company benefits, so register online today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'