An exciting and highly prestigious opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join a global FMCG manufacturing organisation managing the Production Operations at their North East site. You will be working in a fast-moving lean orientated production environment which has experienced considerable investment in new machinery, technology, and manufacturing processes. They are looking for an exceptional manufacturing leader, who is able to drive performance, implement further lean developments and improvements, improve employee engagement and take the facility to the next level. If you have a background in high volume and fast-moving production with strong lean manufacturing and leadership skills, and you are looking for a challenging senior management position then please apply for an immediate response.
- The Operations Manager will lead and manage the manufacturing teams and its employees in achieving the goals and objectives in terms of productivity, safety, quality, service, financial goals and process consistency.
- Through effective management of manufacturing and support services, the Operations Manager balances meeting customer needs with optimizing operational effectiveness.
- The role will hold responsibility for the site operations and be responsible for both internal and external projects, driving lean and process improvement initiatives and acting as the main point of contact for day to day issues.
- To optimise production output for production through effective organisation, strong leadership, co-ordination and resource management.
- Striving for continual improvements in machine productivity and efficiency, waste reduction, product quality and customer service levels.
- Reporting directly to and work closely with the Plant Manager and be a key member of the Senior Management team, working at a strategic level to lead & drive continued significant change and growth.
- Manufacturing Operations leadership experience
- Ability to build high performing and collaborative teams
- Technical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate process improvement teams
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership of operations, service, quality, environmental and safety systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to motivate people
- A proactive leader and team player with a drive to succeed
- A proven track record in a similar management role
- Able to demonstrate previous experience of driving continuous improvement projects through a working knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma techniques such as SMED, 5S, Kaizen and TPM amongst others First class communication skills
- Able to work in a fast pace environment - FMCG preferred
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
- Computer literate, able to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook/Email+
- Thorough understanding of a process-driven production environment.
- Proven experience working together with employee representatives.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'