Becoming an Operations Manager with FERA Science Ltd:
As an Operations Manager, your primary role will be to manage Team Managers and the performance and P&L of your business unit.
You will place particular emphasis on actively improving the performance of your Team Managers through coaching, mentoring and setting SMART goals and objectives.
As an Operations Manager, you will also be driving process adherence, reporting progress and identifying, leading, delivering and embedding change. You will be focused on contributing towards the creation of and execution of your business unit's medium and long-term strategy and objectives, while organising your teams to ensure they deliver to the highest standards and maintain Fera's reputation as a scientific leader. You will be tasked with improving the operational efficiency of the end to end processes (first customer contact to reporting) as well as contributing to the development of the metrics to measure performance.
What you will do:
- Being a role model for the Capita Values: VOICE (Open, Ingenious, Collaborative, Effective), exhibiting positive and constructive behaviours and striving at all times to help the team, colleagues and management to achieve their goals
- Performance Management and SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Resourced, Timely) goal setting for your Team Managers
- Working with business development managers and marketing to develop and nurture strong client network.
- Assisting the development of sales plans through the development of capacity model(s) as well as pricing strategies.
- Improving the operational efficiency of the business unit, identifying continuous improvement (CI) opportunities for your Fera and realising the benefits through CI delivery, the identification of potential quick wins, innovation and best practice.
- Analysing and critically evaluating team performance data followed by implementing required improvements for teams/Team Managers through coaching, training and process change as necessary
Your experience will include:
- Demonstrates strong commercial focus, actively seeking to grow the Fera business through long-term strategic planning and client networking
- Is a great team player, with strong empathetic people skills and is supportive of programme peer group
- Optimises the revenues of the business through consistent performance management of all Team Managers within the respective business unit
- Proven ability to interpret and analyse performance data and reports to enhance the effectiveness of the business unit
- Clearly demonstrates an ability to develop rapport with peers, Team Managers and senior management
- Ability to influence, coach and provide support to facilitate successful delivery of the agreed solutions
- A self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and initiative
- Adopts a positive 'can do attitude' demonstrating energy and enthusiasm for tasks and change programmes
About FERA Science Ltd
Fera is a joint venture partnership between Capita and Defra, working proactively to improve global food security, sustainability and safety. As a national and international centre of excellence for interdisciplinary investigation and problem solving, we work on plant and bee health, crop protection, sustainable agriculture, food and feed quality and chemical safety in the environment. Join our ambitious team here and you'll help respond to the most pressing challenges in the industry.
Capita Plc are the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through quality solutions, tailored to our customers needs, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising to 27), company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts. At our York office, you will also benefit from an onsite gym / free parking and a nursery.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
| Become a Change Maker |
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=YO411LZ&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=YO411LZ&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"