Our client a very well established Freight Forward is now seeking an experienced Operations Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to set up a new department and be responsible for managing all Air Freight and Sea Freight.
You will be responsible for staffing, training, maintaining compliance to established procedures and maintaining and supporting sales and customer relationships. In addition, responsibilities include negotiation with carriers and vendors, budgeting and P+L oversight and related accounting and operations activities.
- Maintain a continuous improvement process to increase efficiencies and improve performance to customers
- Ensure personnel are trained, technically competent and well informed of changes in customer service requirements and regulatory matters
- Increase competency level of all personnel to ensure quality, productivity, compliance and outstanding service
- Proactive Communication delivering customer excellence
- In depth knowledge of import procedures
- Ability to be profit conscious
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, fostering collaboration
- Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks
- Must be organized, detail oriented, thorough and accurate with the ability to efficiently solve problems.
- Knowledge of finance policies and procedures
- Strong PC skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, driving business solutions
- Good planning and organization skills; ability to multitask and be a self-starter
- Thinks through likely implications of own actions to the business
- Ideal candidate for the Operations Manager’s position Trust have at least 5 years’ experience in international freight forwarding, with particular regards to operations, administration & accounting.
- People Management & Leadership
- Excellent English language and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Knowledge of Export/Import regulations
- Proven problem solving / analytical skills
- Ability to handle pressure and achieve targeted results
- Possess self-discipline, strong leadership and motivational abilities
- Customer focused
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job