£40-50k + vehicle
Our client is a leading transport business which is looking for a new Operations Manager. The role will be responsible for the key Operations team, managing people and delivering strategic benefits which will improve operations from a cost saving, efficiency, productivity, profitability perspective.
The role with include: -
- Managing departmental budget and challenging overspends
- Recruitment, training and management of employees
- Managing assets and making recommendations for capital expenditure
- Being the primary person responsible for Health & Safety
- Putting operational KPIs in place and using them as a tool to measure performance
The expectations from the successful candidate are: -
- Proven people management skills
- Ability to manage multiple departments
- Strategic thinking
- Haulage / Logistics background
- Procurement experience
- Full driver’s licence
- National CPC
- IOSH / NEBOSH qualification
You would be joining the business at a period of significant growth and they would hope you would be able to contribute to that growth. A background within a service industry environment and experience of reporting at board level would also be useful.
Please submit your CV by clicking on the relevant links. If successful, you will be contacted by one of our consultants within 3 working days and should be prepared to discuss your application in more detail. Unfortunately, if you do not hear from us within this time, please presume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Grassroots Recruitment is acting as a recruitment agency and a recruitment business in respect of this vacancy. Grassroots Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and recruiter. We welcome applications from all sections of the community regardless of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, religion or disability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job