A leading consultancy that provides services into the Technology and Safety markets are searching for an Operations Manager to join an energetic, enthusiastic team based in London. This role would suit a business person, who would thrive in a fast moving enterprise and wants to tap into and learn various different business steams, including; Contracts, Planning, Key Account Management, Training and Client Support services.
- To direct and oversee the delivery of Contracts, Planning, Key Account Management, Training and Client Support services.
- To plan use of company resources to meet contractual obligations and KPIs, ensuring services are provided in the most efficient and cost-effective way.
- To work closely with the planning department to ensure that all audits and other visits are planned to ensure maximum utilisation and that all consultants’ diaries are effectively managed in order to meet billable targets at all times.
- To work closely with the training department to ensure that all training products and services are up-to-date and relevant, and to build training sales income.
- To work closely with the client support team to ensure that all essential reporting is delivered accurately and within scheduled timeframes.
- To work closely with the Contracts Manager and finance department to ensure that new and existing clients are correctly and accurately processed on CRM and to resolve any contract queries or issues in a timely fashion.
- To work closely with the sales team to ensure client support functions are adequately prepared and able to respond to new business activities.
- To adopt key account management role for larger client/s requiring closer attention, including maintaining regular communication, meeting with clients, liaising with consultants, etc.
- To develop a detailed understanding of client needs and ensure a high level of customer service is delivered across all departments.
- To monitor and report on client complaints, ensuring that any issues are investigated appropriately and the client receives a satisfactory response.
- To monitor performance of individual departments, ensuring that all targets are met and producing regular performance reports for the senior management team.
- To lead, manage and motivate all line reports, ensuring optimum performance and engagement.
- To ensure that processes and procedures are maximised in terms of efficiency, developing internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and making recommendations for service improvements.
- To maintain an appropriate level of client contact and to ensure that client requests are responded to in a timely manner.
- To ensure CRM records are kept up to date in line with requirements.
- To ensure the smooth running of the head office, including oversight of general office administration and maximising efficiencies where relevant.
- To encourage relationship building between all office teams, engaging with colleagues across the organisation.
- To liaise with suppliers and awarding bodies as required.
- A proven track record of managing resources within an SME.
- Solid experience in an operations, logistics or planning role within a consultancy environment.
- Experience of managing diverse teams.
- Experience of managing a mobile workforce.
- A strong customer focus and excellent relationship building skills
- Strong process analysis skills, with a focus on optimising service provision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strength of character and the ability to challenge the status quo and to manage change.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications and CRM
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of the food safety and health and safety environment, with direct consultancy experience an advantage.