People in Action (Yorkshire) is a thriving Leeds based charity, established in 1983 to benefit people with learning disabilities, difficulties and similar conditions. The charity makes a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable and socially isolated; inspiring and empowering people to recognise their potential, fulfil their aspirations and lead safer, healthier, better connected lives.
The charity provides a range of innovative, inclusive, person centred services which reflect the needs of the people it supports. The activities are wide ranging and include the provision of opportunities for sports and leisure, learning, employment, health, wellbeing and the development of life skills. The range of activities runs from practical courses in employability to social groups that meet in the community to enjoy leisure time together. Through individual care packages the charity also provides practical one to one support tailored to the needs to the individual.
We are looking for an enthusiastic person who has an ambition and drive to get the job done to the best of their ability, along with an innovative and committed way of working. This will be a busy role, excellent time management, organisational skills and a keen eye for detail are key. A successful track record of organisational development and management leading to business success and growth is essential.
Purpose of the post
Responsible to the Chief Executive for the efficient running and development of People in Actions services. To ensure the successful, safe and quality delivery of all services in line accordance with People in Actions policies and procedures and Quality Assurance/Care Quality Commission Framework. To take overall strategic responsibility for the development of People in Actions services in line with the organisations strategy. To provide leadership and effective management to the service managers and operational teams. To have responsibility for service user engagement, aiming to achieve joint working at all levels and ensuring that People in Actions services meet the needs of our members.
Leadership and management
- Deputise for the Chief Executive Officer as required.
- Be an active and effective member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Attend board meetings.
- Chair monthly team meetings.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day operational management of the central teams.
- Provide strong leadership and management to service managers and operational areas promoting a 'cross organisational’ approach.
- Production and implementation of strategic and operational service plans, identifying key actions and priorities across all areas of service delivery.
- Conduct regular supervisions and performance management reviews against agreed objectives and identify training needs.
- Develop organisational capacity through coaching and development of service team leads.
- Resolving performance issues among colleagues.
- Set KPIs to monitor and achieve continuous delivery of performance improvements
Managing Contract Performance
- Monitoring performance against targets and deliverables for all contracts including performance of any sub-contracting partners.
- Financial tracking and monitoring of contract income (alongside the Finance Manager)
- Ensuring contractual and regulatory compliance.
- Reporting contract performance trends and issues to service delivery colleagues and senior management.
- Building and maintaining existing long-term business relations with partners, commissioners and other stakeholders and develop relationships with potential new customers.
- Represent People in Action on city wide groups and contribute to the learning disability strategy in Leeds.
- To keep up to date with the changing context of learning disability and service delivery, both locally and nationally to enable People in Action to be in a leading position as a service provider.
- Ensure increased public awareness of learning disability issues and the services People in Action provides, positioning People in Action as a service provider of choice.
- Regularly attend external meetings as directed by the CEO, always being an ambassador of the charity.
Quality Assurance and Reporting
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including initiatives geared towards operational excellence.
- Responsible for ensuring all funding monitoring reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
- Production of monthly contracts management reports for internal senior management decision making.
- Production and presentation of reports and updates to CEO, to support internal strategic and performance review processes (including to Board).
- Work with the finance manager to ensure that there is effective financial and operational planning and control for service delivery costs.
- Create and maintain an environment of continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Ensure the Count Me In service meets and exceeds the standards set by the Care Quality Commission.
- Develop and report regularity against a Quality Assurance Framework,
- Lead on internal audits and ensure all services are fit for purpose and comply with current legislation.
- Lead on the development and implementation of policies.
- Organisational lead for safeguarding
- Organisational lead for health and safety (inc first aid and fire safety)
- Organisational lead on risk management and the maintenance of the risk register
- Work with the CEO to ensure business continuity plans are in place.
- Oversee the delivery of People in Actions members engagement strategy.
- Promote diversity and inclusion ensuring that all services are accessible.
- Work with the CEO to identify new business development opportunities and provide input into funding bids as required.
- Work with the service/project managers on the mobilisation of new projects.
- Business Development
- Management Skills
- Quality Assurance Processes
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job