Operations Manager- London
About the role
The role of Operations Manager, Customer Experience and Project Management will sit within the Professional Services team with a direct report to the Head of Post Sales. The position will be working within a division that provides leading edge document technology and will be part of an ever growing, fast paced and expanding business.
The ideal candidate will have excellent prioritisation skills and will have responsibility for the successful delivery of high profile internal and external (public and private sector) projects, as well as direct line management for a remote team of 11: 3 x Project Managers, 3 x Customer Support Executives and 5 x Service Delivery Managers
About Capita | Managed Print Solutions
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
Managed Print Solutions (MPS) operate nationally across the UK working with blue chip and public sector and SME clients to develop innovative solutions for their document print strategy requirements. A major partner with leading technology developers in the print production sector, Capita MPS occupies a unique position in the market being part of the largest BPO organisation in the UK. The only company that presently can demonstrate the ability to deliver in house and end to end total document and workplace technology solutions to any size of organisation.
What you will do:
- Direct line management responsibility of a team of 11, ensuring all Capita people related procedures are adhered to: from absence management to performance management
- Daily line management responsibility of the Project / Training Support / Customer Experience Team, ensuring each team is fully supported and motivated always
- Takes responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of projects, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Advocates the use of structured project management methodology, including PRINCE2, to the sales and support divisions within the business
- Ensure that customer experience is exceptional and that the team reviews and improves service delivery in areas of importance to our customers. Monitors SLA and customer lifecycle achievements, and acts where these deviate from agreed tolerances. Ensures that delivered systems deliver within these criteria.
- Takes responsibility for the definition, processes and customer engagement for the Customer Support team (Trainers). Ensure that the Customer Support Team (Trainers) are effectively utilised and able to deliver required device training, plus additional value training that will differentiate Capita (development may be required). Take root cause analysis of support calls and relate to training improvements.
- Works in collaboration with, and utilises the support from other teams and divisions to deliver on expectations
- Creates, develops and publishes all relevant customer experience / Training / Project Management documentation to all stakeholders and team members, both internally and externally (customers)
Your experience will include:
- Educated to A Level or equivalent standard
- Experience of direct line management of a team, including team leaders
- Experience of people networking and developing strong relationships
- Knowledge and experience of working with IT projects
- Sound knowledge of project planning processes, and techniques and experience of working with project methodologies, including experience of managing project registers (e.g. RAID)
- Knowledge of Customer Experience concepts, customer lifecycle programs and integration with MI activities
- Knowledge and experience of delivering development and training courses
- University Degree (or equivalent educational qualification)
- Experience of defining and delivering Print Solutions / Managed Print Solutions
- Working with Public and Private sector business
- Managing project budgets and tolerances
- Quality management
- Remote line management
- Business Planning experience
- Managing internal transformation projects
- Managing PMOs or MI teams
What's in it for you? At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.