Hamilton Brown is delighted to be recruiting for an exceptional Operations Manager for our clients prestigious award winning 4 star hotel.
As Operations Manager you would be expected to manage and motivate our team of managers and staff to be the best they can be. From recruitment to supporting their training, you will encourage their development and empower the team to consistently deliver the highest levels of customer service, to build success and share ideas.
Along with broad industry experience, you'll know all about financial and revenue management, resource planning, employee engagement and training & development. You will be experienced in a similar role, well organised and confident in your abilities. Commercially focused and able to motivate and lead the team, you should be committed to driving standards and enhancing the brand. An inspirational team leader, you'll lead by example, sharing our passion for hospitality and thriving in a fast paced environment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Control of all operational resources such as staff, budget and equipment - in order to meet KPI's (Revenue, Covers, Occupancy etc.)
· Financial management including control of staff costs in relation to turnover.
· Resource planning including recruitment and selection needs.
· Staff retention strategies including ensuring departmental induction is in place.
· Training, development and all aspects of Human Resources in line with current legislation and good practice.
· Ensuring 4 Silver star quality standards are maintained in all hotel services in order to consistently deliver service standards and exceed customer expectations.
· Ensuring the smooth running of operations including briefings, handovers and forward planning.
· Ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation including licensing, health and safety, employment law and any other legislation as appropriate.
· 5 years within hotel/resort management at similar level.
· Ability to manage a team of HoDs through effective coaching and delegation.
· Experience in delivering training and development programmes.
· Day to day management of financial/customer data & budgets to identify trends and recommend appropriate action.
· High level of interpersonal and influencing skills including effective communication with external and internal customers.
· Process and systems orientated; high degree of computer literacy.
· Able to proactively manage issues of quality, service, personnel or other areas of concern and turn these into delegated, manageable objectives in order to improve the customer experience and to see these objectives through to completion independently.
· Must be eligible to work and live in the UK in line with UK Legislation.
· Hospitality experience in a similar establishment with experience of managing a 2AA Rosette Restaurant.
· High level of flexibility to complete the duties of the job role in line with business needs.
Demonstrable Skills (assessed at interview)
· Knowledge of 'the client' at a commercial level (Available on our website).
· Ability to work under pressure and resolve problems.
· Excellent attention to detail.
· Ability to take direction and apply training quickly in a fast moving environment
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· High standard of personal presentation and adherence to company standards.
This is an excellent opportunity to further your career in a 4 star landmark hotel.