Our client is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of superior natural stone and innovative concrete hard landscaping products supplying the construction, home improvements and landscape markets.
Position: Area Operations Manager
Location: Sittingbourne, Kent
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000 (dependant on experience) + Benefits
Closing Date for applications: 23rd March 2018
About the role:
They now have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Area Operations manager at their Sittingbourne manufacturing facility.
- Support the Site Operations Manager to deliver the MLP Operating Vision for site through engaging leadership and strong people management
- Lead the Manufacturing Team Leaders to deliver production plans and service levels within quality, safety and cost parameters
- Lead the area Manufacturing Team to maximise performance and potential from a value perspective – cost
- Implement Production review processes that maximise OEE & throughputs
- Supports the delivery of the Operations budget where applicable
- Drive continuous improvement and identify and maximise continuous improvement opportunities
- Constantly challenge the manufacturing process and its capabilities. Develop manufacturing processes and capability to meet current and future business requirements
- Coach and develop direct reports. Monitor and improve performance through appraisal, performance management and personal development plans to ensure that their full potential is realised
- Work closely with HR in developing positive employee relations through fostering team working, communication and employee engagement
- Project management / deliver change initiatives
- Deputise for the Site Operations Manager
- Previous experience of Management & Leadership; Continuous improvement; Unionised environment; People development; Presentation Delivery, Budget management and Project Management
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and other packages
- Minimal UK travel will be required
- Be flexible and must have a full UK driving licence
You may have experience of the following: Operations Manager, Operations Management, Facilities Manager, Continuous Improvement, Site Manager, Site Management, Project Manager, Project Management, Manufacturing Manager, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job