Operations Manager - Wiltshire
£25,000 - £30,000 per annum
My client provides technical and mechanical support of both buses and heavy goods vehicles, and is looking for an Operations Manager to join their team.
The company providing services to the industry leading exhaust after treatment systems manufacturer. Their job is to help to implement industry leading technology to improve air quality and help heavy commercial vehicle and construction machinery operators to comply to the Low Emission Zone standards.
Low Emission Zones are schemes that cover specific areas (typically in cities) to tackle pollution and that discourage certain types of vehicles from entering a specified zone. They are pleased to reveal that they are working with several major bus operators and local authorities to improve regional air quality as part of the first CBTF/CVTF initiatives in 2013/4. Our client is currently engaged in projects in The Midlands, South Yorkshire, London, Bristol, Bath and Southampton.
This opportunity is for someone who is willing to join small but successfully growing business which is part of rapidly growing industry.
Operations Manager Duties:
- In charge of six vehicle technicians
- Cost effectively schedule and coordinate projects fulfilling Technician team work time
- Ensure communication with customers and partners keeping all parties informed about completed, ongoing or further planned work processes
- Process and direct to the right department all necessary information on time insuring that information is received and processed.
- Prepare completed project data for invoicing
- Develop and improve operational processes
- Training of staff
- Ensuring health and safety regulations are followed
- Improving performance and moral
- Identify opportunities and problems for the company
- Manage stock control
Operations Manager Requirements:
- Experience in management & operations within the automotive industry
- Mechanical experience and in-depth knowledge of large vehicles such as buses and HGV’s.
- Computer literate – able to use MS Word & Excel.
- Preferably have relevant licences to drive the vehicles
- Technical understanding
- Excellent communication skills with attention to detail
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm