Element and Exova have become one.
Element Materials Technology (Element) and Exova Group Limited (Exova) have joined forces to create one, world-class global testing services partner. The combined group will consist of more than 6,200 employees, operating out of 200 laboratories, located in over 30 countries across 5 continents.
Nothing in the world happens without testing. The car we drive. The flight we catch. In any given day, the work we do affects billions of people. Although our profile is low, our work is critical to public safety. It plays a key role in making the world safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Working with customers around the world, Element Hitchin provide specialist technical testing services, with over 25 years of experience in delivering world-class materials expertise in polymers, elastomers, thermoplastics, composites and structural adhesive related testing services to the Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Transportation, Medical and Energy sectors. Reporting to the General Manager, our new Operations Manager will be responsible for a team of technical experts delivering technically demanding projects.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible and accountable for driving and delivering customer satisfaction through on time delivery, quality and excellent customer service
- Responsible for location support functions and systems including QA (maintaining our ISO17025 and ISO9001), Health & Safety, HR, Continuous Improvement, and Service Excellence
- Accountable for achieving annual Operational Plan including revenues, profit, working capital and operational performance
- Evaluate and actively manage the locations ability to satisfy customer needs for the present and the future, and provide adequate resources and staffing levels to meet or exceed these needs
- Actively maintain contact and relationships with top location customers in line with Element policies, and participate as necessary to cultivate new customers
- Develop and execute short and long term business plans and strategies to include operational goals, equipment needs, and staffing for the location
- Provide managerial guidance to staff on reporting needs and requirements
- Review reports, proposals, activities status, productivity, budget variance and all other significant business issues on at least a monthly basis
- Prepare and submit accurate forecasts on a monthly basis and determine and execute on corrective actions necessary to achieve plan goals
What we are looking for?
- HND / BSc in Engineering or Materials Science would be advantageous
- Demonstrable experience of managing within a materials testing or engineering organisation
- CMI qualification in Management or equivalent
- Experience of working in a technical role or project management experience in a technical organisation
- Project management experience - delivering excellent customer service
- Continuous improvement and change management experience
- Understanding of the requirements of UKAS for testing laboratories is advantageous
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety systems and environmental regulations
Who are we looking for?
- Ability to plan, organise and manage work within the defined area of responsibility
- Ability to review performance, identify problems and contribute to their solution
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Effective influencing skills
- Ability to apply logical reasoning and analytical thinking
- Ability to build an environment that delivers high performance through empowering its employees
- Ability to understand and respond with emotional intelligence to resolve conflict, working with colleagues to deliver a service that satisfies expectations
What’s in it for you?
We recognise that our people are vital to our current and future success and that they are our most valued resource. A role with Element | Exova will always be demanding but we look to recognise and reward bright, original-thinking and hard-working people, regardless of their field of expertise. Our experts bring passion and commitment to their work.
- Change Management
- Materials Testing
- Operations Management
- Lean Principles
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job