Indigo are a market leader in the UK for the provision of car parking and associated services. With our expertise and experience in designing, building, financing and operating across a variety of market sectors, we specialise in the development and management of car parking solutions for both public and private organisations. With our Business Support Centre based in Watford, Hertfordshire this prime location allows us to grow and deliver our services nationally. We currently have 67 contracts across the UK and a workforce of approx. 850. With a keen focus on business development, we are looking to recruit great people to our existing teams!
We are currently seeking to recruit a self-motivated and flexible individual to work as Operations Manager based at our East & North Herts Trust Contract.
As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of all parking and security across the East & North Herts Trust sites, this includes management of both parking operatives and security guards. You will manage all operational tasks across your remit and will mentor and develop your team, overseeing all attendance and absence reporting, managing performance and maintaining morale. You will be expected to be an active member of the management team who can deputise for the Contract Manager in his absence and take ownership of all site procedures including Health & safety, RIDDOR reporting as required and fleet checks. This is a diverse role where amongst other duties will include appraisal reviews, staff recruitment and holding investigation/disciplinary hearings.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, you will be working 40 hours per week Monday to Friday. However, due to the nature of this contract you must have a flexible attitude to your working hours.
What is the 'ideal’ candidate for this role? Here at Indigo we are looking for individuals who have the required capabilities not only to carry out the core functions of the role but have a passion to deliver great service:
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Good interpersonal skills in order to manage a team effectively
- Initiative - we love to hear your ideas!
- Capable of building and maintaining good working relationships, whilst continuing to represent the company both within our organisation and with customers/clients
- Excellent computer skills, ideally having advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- An understanding of the parking industry and security industry would be an advantage
- The ability to work with minimum supervision but also as part of a team
- Able to problem solve during stressful situations
- Well organised
- Able to lead by example
We believe that working for Indigo is great. Why? We are always thinking of creative ways to give more to our employees. Here is a sample of some of the current benefits on offer:
- Work Place Pension
- Free Uniform
- Access to Learning & Development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays) pro-rata
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme
- Merlin Entertainment Employee Discount
- Eye Care vouchers
- Length of Service Rewards
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Simply Health Corporate discount on health & dental plans
- Employee discount on a multiple of gym memberships across the UK with 'My Gym Discounts’
- O2 Open employee benefit scheme offering discounted mobile phone contracts with up to 25% off
- Interpersonal Skills
- Microsoft Office
- Organisational Skills
- Problem Solving
- Team Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job