YPP Is a young, vibrant and fast-growing business based in Leeds, with expansions in other large cities in the UK. We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join our team, to oversee our Lettings, Marketing and Maintenance departments, reporting directly to the Company Directors. This role will be best suited to a candidate with a minimum of 5 years operations experience, within a property orientated industry.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the managers to ensure effective performance.
- Overseeing three teams, currently with 30 employees, which is expected to rise significantly in the next few years.
- Dealing with escalated issues or complaints to conclude the best outcome for all parties.
- Overseeing all aspects of property management within our portfolio.
- Monitoring compliance, legal requirements, health & safety and adhering to HSC legislation, for our properties and employees.
- Responsible for recruitment, training & development and working closely with department managers to ensure support for employees.
- Driving customer service within the teams and improving tenant satisfaction.
- Delivering the business objectives and KPI's.
- Developing key relationships with stakeholders, contractors and external agencies, such as Universities and International Embassies.
- Identifying potential prospective contractors and negotiating costs.
- Liaising with construction, lettings and maintenance through the mobilisation phase of new sites and ensuring smooth handover of the buildings.
- Managing our cleaning and grounds contracts throughout the year.
- Actively working with other managers to define policies, procedures and strategies, which adhere to government legislation to improve our fast growing business.
- Ensuring monthly management meetings are held, and all staff one to one’s & annual appraisals are carried out in accordance with the company HR policy.
- Managing the Unipol / HMO accredited properties and ensuring they are compliant with the code of standards and local council criteria.
- Reviewing operational costs regularly for each property and implementing improvements and cost efficiency where required.
- Being responsible for the company vehicles, to ensure regular servicing and MOT & tax are in place.
Requirements for the role;
- Methodical and proactive approach to idea generation and problem solving.
- Brilliant communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong operations leadership and motivation management style.
- Effective time management.
- Strong communication and decision making ability.
Working hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm, occasional weekends at peak business times and emergency on call cover.
Salary £40,000.00 - £45,000.00 based on experience.
- Property Management
- Idea Generation
- Legal Requirements
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job