A large engineering company in Gloucester are seeking an Operations Manager to join their team. If you have leadership and people management experience, as well as industry and operational knowledge, then you could be the Manager that we're looking for.
What will you be doing?
As an Operations Manager, you'll be responsible for defining, implementing and reviewing appropriate operating procedures and principles across the business to maximise efficiency. You'll have the ability to develop and implement a cost-effective operating environment, whilst using lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles.
What skills/experience should you have?
- Operational management experience gained from working in a manufacturing environment (Ideally aerospace or automotive although not essential)
- Highly skilled with excel for reporting and forecasting (essential)
- Knowledge of manufacturing/engineering principles
- 5 + years' experience as an operations manager or similar role
- You will have 150 In direct reports so must have managed a shop floor with at least 100 people (essential)
- ERP/MRP exposure (desirable)
Who will you be working for? As an Operations Manager, you'll be working for an established engineering company in Gloucester You'll be joining an organisation that works with a wide range of customers and prides itself on building lasting professional relationships. If you want to join an organisation that offers a great deal of in-house training and support, then this could be the perfect fit for you. If you have the ability to manage a production facility, as well as support a team of direct and indirect employees, then we want to hear from you. Please forward me your most up to date CV if you are potentially interested.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.