Our client is a world leader in the supply of specialty metals, alloys, and materials. They have an excellent reputation in their market and significant opportunity to increase production in line with demand and grow market share.
They are now looking for an experienced Production Manager to direct, manage and optimise the manufacturing processes in accordance with the business objectives, and to propose and implement changes to processes and systems that will enhance performance. The Production Manager will have line management responsibility of departments and reports as well as responsibility for all aspects of health, safety, environment and waste streams within manufacturing departments.
This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic thinking Production/Operations Manager to make a significant impact by fully utilising experience of developing and implementing manufacturing strategies, strong leadership, continuous improvement and change implementation.
Job Title: Production Manager
- Ensuring that health, safety and environmental policies are followed as per QA and ISO 14001, 18001, 9001 requirements.
- To take full responsibility for the manufacturing processes, monitor and implement schedule changes as required.
- Continuously look to increase productivity, manage and improve yields and minimize losses.
- Review and identify the optimum process for each product.
- Ensure that all operatives have the required skill/competency and are fully trained and competent in order to achieve their specified job functions and that the optimum yield is obtained.
- Ensure all ancillaries are available and used as instructed.
- Develop and monitor a range of KPI’s such as process improvements against historical performance.
- Manage the operating budgets and provide strategic CAPEX plans for future process improvements.
- Ensure product stocks are always precisely managed and accounted for.
- Responsible for manning and carry out HR duties such as appraisals and interviews.
- Ensure high housekeeping standards are set, audit and maintained at all times.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure that equipment uptime is optimised.
Package: Competitive package including attractive base salary
Location: Base location; South Yorkshire
- The ideal candidate will be experienced in manufacturing operations, with experience in developing/implementing manufacturing strategies and plans ideally from metals/powder sectors or other heavy industry sectors.
- A degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or a related discipline is highly desirable.
- Experience in manufacturing at a supervisory level.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, health & safety and environmental procedures, minimum ISOH qualified.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required. Leading by example to deliver high levels of quality and productivity will be essential in achieving success in this role.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the experience in planning and organising manning, materials and production in a busy environment.
- Good IT skills required.
- Financial awareness with experience of managing budgets.
- A "can do" forwarding thinking attitude.
- Ability to demonstrate real achievement in similar roles using experience to personally deliver exceptional results.
- Continuous Improvement
- Operations Management
- Production Management