DS Smith Launceston is now seeking a highly performing Operations Manager to be responsible for the management, motivation and development of the Operational Teams.
The role will see the successful individual take full operational accountability of the site (to include Manufacturing, Logistics, Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Waste and Ink/Tooling Services as well as having line management responsibility and working with the internal teams to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Operational functions. You will also be responsible for supporting and liaising with other functions within the business to meet and exceed the needs and requirements of our customers on a daily basis resulting in the business objectives and service goals being continuously achieved.
Our focus is to deliver world-class operational excellence in a fast paced environment to delight the customer and grow our business. As such the successful candidate will be a high performing individual who will continually develop an environment that promotes engagement and development for the Operations team.
What aspects are involved in this role?
You are likely to be an existing high performer who wants to stretch their operational development within corrugators/conversion whilst achieving world class results.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for, but not limited to the following…
• Promotion of safe working practices and leadership ensuring adherence to all items associated to health and safety
• Developing strong clear leadership and vision within Operations, creating an operationally excellent environment which promotes continuous improvement, empowerment, motivation, participation and team working that allows employees to develop to their maximum potential
• Leading and playing an active part in driving lean/continuous improvement activities and introduce leading edge manufacturing tools and techniques
• Working closely with the Managing Director, and other members of the Senior Management Team to continually develop strategies to meet and further develop the overall operational, financial and commercial objectives of the business
• Direct line management of senior Operations team members including performance management, absence management and reporting
• Ensuring the effective running of the Operations function on a day-to-day basis and the strategic development of the team and department to deliver the site’s Sales and Business Plan in line with Divisional/Group initiatives to achieve service excellence
• Effectively controlling budgets for capital expenditure, manning levels, raw materials, engineering and production volume including identification of shortfalls and planned corrective actions
• Further driving the profitability of the business by maximising the utilisation of equipment and employees and ensure continuous improvement in the operating efficiencies
• Playing an active role within the sites Senior Management Team to ensure effective and constructive operational service input into the development of the site to meet the business plan.
• Delivering continuous improvement projects through the OWN IT! programme and other activities
What we would like our candidate to have…
- Strong operational experience gained in a high volume, customer-focussed, manufacturing/engineering environment;
- Ability to make decisions in a time pressured environment with a proven track record of performing at a high level in a fast paced environment
- Experience of leading a team/people management
- Proven experience in the creation and implementation of lean and continuous improvement methodology
- Knowledge of a high performing corrugated manufacturing environment
- Technologically comfortable on a corrugator and conversion machinery
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
Salary Package: Competitive
- Lean Manufacturing
- Production Management
- Operational Excellence
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job