Ranked as the 14th Best CompanyTo Work For by the Sunday Times in 2017, Willmott Dixon is a people focused business that is driven by quality and customer service. To this day we remain family owned and ensure our core values are embodied by each team member. We are now looking to expand our team in Birmingham with an Operations Manager that will align themselves with our commitment to customer service, quality and our culture.
Whilst supporting the Operations Director, the main purpose of the Operations Manager is to lead project teams, manage the supply chain and to deliver projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers' expectations.
This is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre construction professional with extensive leisure project experience to join our growing business. A strong track record of delivering successful leisure projects using a wide range of different techniques is essential. The right candidate will also need to demonstrate their ability to resolve technical, operational and contractual issues and / or disputes.
Your skills and experience will enable you to:
- Promote and maintain the highest standards of health, safety and environmental management.
- Develop and monitor project strategies in order to achieve the company's sustainability objectives.
- Develop and monitor strategies to deliver a quality build in accordance with the requirements of the project.
- Develop, nurture and manage customer relationships.
- Develop, nurture and manage supply chain relationships.
- Adopt the principles of the Considerate Constructor's Scheme and manage community relations.
- Have a full understanding of and manage the overall operational and commercial aspects of the project to achieve the budget.
- Fully understand the required performance against targets and identify and manage potential risks and opportunities.
- Lead and motivate the delivery team and ensure its balance and shape to deliver workload profile.
- Help to recruit, reward, retain and develop the best people.
- Maintain continuous professional development of yourself and your team to ensure appropriate technical awareness. Develop and maximise potential of team members.
- Manage project handover and ensure defect /snag free completion.
- Share best practice and drive continuous improvement
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Valid driving licence.
- Relevant degree.
- Working towards a MCIOB.
You will be able to:
- Recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations,
- Reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve,
- Model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- Consider the impact of your own actions on others,
- Respond positively and with resilience to setbacks,
- Understand people's needs and motivations and adapt your personal style accordingly.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 14th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job