Bodycote operate an international network of facilities serving a wide range of industries including, aerospace, defence, automotive, power generation, oil and gas, construction, machine building medical and transportation. Bodycote is the world’s largest and most respected provider of thermal processing services and a vital link in the manufacturing supply chain.
Bodycote has over 5,700 people globally, in 26 countries spread over 190 locations. We recognise that the success of our business depends upon the skills, commitment and loyalty of our people. We strive to offer a working environment where these attributes are rewarded and valued.
We are looking to recruit an Operations Manager who in conjunction with the General manager will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the North ST facility in accordance with Customer and BST Ltd expectations and to achieve the P & L operating plan as defined in the annual budget. The role demands a variety of personal attributes including Coating and Technical Engineering knowledge and experience as the prime requirement followed by strong management, and personal drive to continuously improve the business and build strong teams and positive working environments.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for day to day running of the Site in General Manager’s absence Ensure that the site is operating in a safe manner and champion safety.
- In conjunction with the General Manager deliver the agreed P+L for the site.
- Management of all direct reports and subordinates : including communication, training, appraisal and disciplinary.
- Managing the production department including overseeing the Planning of resource, equipment and customer product focused on achieving customer expectations.
- Supporting SHE and Environmental Audit and accreditations (SHE champion).
- Championing Continuous Improvement (KAISEN) to improve operational efficiency whilst building a "Lean" culture on site.
- Demonstrate measurable improvements in key KPI’s including, OTIF, TAT and Efficiency.
- Develop and implement training plans for the departments and looks at ways to increase skill and know how.
- Overseeing Inventry / Stock control / Sub contract operations.
- In conjunction with the Plant and Maintenance Department develop a robust PPM schedule with a view to reducing lost time.
- In conjunction with the quality department develop actions to improve the quality systems and reduce COPQ and rework.
- In conjunction with the General Manager position the site to handle growth expectations. The manager is expected to deal with all issues at an operational level on site and prepare the required management reporting.
- Good housekeeping of own work area and contribute to the general upkeep of the working environment.
- Become familiar with the "check -work-check" process and be committed to a "right first time" approach to all tasks carried out.
- Operate in a safe manner and undertake any training necessary to enable you to fulfil the requirements of your position.
- To uphold your statutory duty of care for your own personal safety and that of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions.
- To enable the company to meet its own legal duties and to report any hazardous situations or defective equipment.
- Wear personal protective equipment provided by the company.
- Ensure a high level of communication to employees, managers & colleagues.
- The above responsibilities cover the main areas of the post.
- The priorities and particular emphasis of the post may change to reflect the needs of Bodycote Service Technology (BST).
- In addition to these normal duties, as BST is a flexible organisation, other duties may be assigned to you to support the production operation.
Education, Skills and Experience
- Strong communicator and leader.
- Proven Background in operations management.
- Ability to motivate and manage production teams with strong people management skills.
- Ability to manage people through "change".
- Track record of delivering continuous improvement (KAISAN) projects to improve the overall efficiency of the site.
- Results orientated with a flair and passion for business improvement.
- Good understanding of quality systems and working to procedures.
- Degree in Engineering related Discipline or relevant experience.
If you can demonstrate you have the above requirements then why not apply for this great opportunity and develop your careerat Bodycote. All internal applicants should inform their current line manager of their application. Please apply by email. The closing date for applications is 20/02/2018.
Please Note - If you have not heard from us within two weeks your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, we will keep your CV on file and should anything come up that matches your experience we will contact you. Good luck in your job search.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job