Our client is one of the leading specialist providers of interior fit out services across the UK. The company has grown to become a market leader in their field and aspire to continue this development.
This fantastic opportunity sees the appointment of a dedicated Operations Manager, who will take full control and ownership of a brand-new facility to service the London market.
Adopting a highly hands on approach during the initial stages, this role will fundamentally help to shape the depot and ensure its continued success as the team strengthen and become established.
- Take sole operational responsibility for a 25,000sq ft warehouse and distribution facility
- Manage all variable overheads and be accountable against the operations budget, controlling costs to ensure the depot performs in line with agreed spend
- Lead and motivate the team, promoting a positive culture to ensure that the companies values are understood and form part of daily life. Direct responsibility for all operations staff
- Take full responsibility for the measurement and delivery of depot performance, in accordance with strategic group and site-specific objectives
- Develop close working relationships with all key business stakeholders/ remote support departments, to expedite a seamless customer journey from order processing to fulfilment
- Working closely with the buying team, control inventory to ensure maximum availability and integrity of stocked product. Replicate the companies processes for PI, adjustment and general stock management
- Allocate resource to tasks and ensure sufficient headcount is in place and adequately trained to complete all tasks effectively. Control any overtime and manage all facets of time and attendance - including payroll submission
- Ensure the depot acts in accordance with the waste management and recycling strategy, striving to achieve zero to landfill when working with appointed service providers
- Control all aspects of site security, H&S, welfare and facilities management
- Act as dedicated site liaison for the practical application of HR processes and policy, including employee engagement, training and development
- Set up and manage the system infrastructure, ensuring all company software platforms are aligned and integrated
The Ideal Candidate:
- Operational or Warehouse management experience
- Experience of warehousing and logistics in a previous production role
- A people orientated management style, capable of bringing teams together and getting the best out of them
- Experience in Bright Pearl, RAM, Stream, Breathe and Office 360 not essential
- Health and Safety Qualifications not essential
Our Client is offering £35,000-£40,000 per annum. For more information contact Louisa Ellis
- Management Style
- Warehouse Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job