Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working in partnership with a large Global Manufacturing company in Derby. They are currently experiencing growth within their business and are in need of an Operations Manager to help build and develop the manufacturing process.
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working in partnership with a large Manufacturing company in Derby who are currently searching for an Operations Manager to join their business. The company are delivering sustainable and profitable growth, while also priding themselves on a high quality of work to ensure that they produce specialist products to a high specification.
Across the Derbyshire site, the key responsibilities of the Operations Manager will include:
- Establishing an efficient production process which utilises best practice manufacturing principles and techniques
- Utilisation of data from the ERP system, to secure increases in efficiency
- Liaison with technical and R&D teams, to ensure that there is an effective sharing of information regarding production specifications, quality and new product development
- Ensuring a maintenance programme is in place for plant, equipment and building maintenance and managed effectively
- Provision of effective leadership to the factory team, ensuring business goals are communicated, team and individual objectives are agreed and feedback is given in a timely manner
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree educated, or equivalent
- Good understanding of Lean, Six-sigma and Continuous Improvement
- ERP planning system experience
- Strong leadership, organisation and planning skills
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
Competitive salary plus package
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job