Be a part of something exciting….
An emerging and rapidly expanding 3PL in Crick, Northamptonshire has an exciting job opportunity for an Operations Manager to manage their late shift working Monday to Friday 16:00 to 01:00. Reporting to the Managing Director this post will see you taking responsibility for the management of a growing warehouse and transport operation on behalf of a dedicated client.
As the Operations Manager you will manage a cross dock Warehouse and Transport operation on a 75%/25% split respectively. Leading the afternoon/late shift you will ensure that the shift delivers an efficient and cost effective fulfilment of customer requirements. You will work to manage productivity, accuracy, KPI's and cost targets are exceeded.
Key responsibilities include:
- The management, leadership and development of 3 Warehouse Supervisors, 10 Warehouse Operatives and up to 20 drivers.
- Have a pro-active approach to setting and maintaining standards in Health & Safety, environment, quality, company policy compliance and employee engagement
- Lead the warehouse and transport operations to deliver a streamlined, effective, efficient and profitable operation
- Ensure employees and agency workers are well trained, have the knowledge, skills and desire to deliver a great service to all our customers and maximise efficiency of operation
- Plan and co-ordinate detailed operational activities through the Supervisory team
- Support Supervisors and Team Leaders with coaching and the development of all employees
- Responsible for the overall afternoon/late operation and management of all resources
- Analyse feedback from customers and propose innovative ideas to improve the overall functions
- Work within budgets to own and achieve key targets
- Manage driver workforce to ensure transport legislative compliance is met along with excellent standards of safety
- Manage all infringements received for both own drivers and agency/contractor drivers in line with company guidelines.
We are looking for an engaging leader with proven ability in growing warehouse and transport functions. As an Operations Manager you already know what it takes to deliver a productive, compliant and cost effective operation in either a faced paced 3PL or parcel carrier environment. A CPC would be a distinct advantage (ideally international). What will make you stand out is your ability to deliver innovative solutions/change management, engaging and developing the team around you and having the capacity to ensure that the team/operation exceeds expectations.
You will be rewarded with a salary of up to £40,000, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, parking, childcare vouchers and a discounted healthcare benefit plan.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Transport Manager
- Operations Manager
- Depot Manager
- Warehouse Manager