At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
UK Transportation Operations Overview
UK Transportation Operations is the central control tower for Amazon Transportation Services, supporting both domestic and inter-country FTL transportation movements for the United Kingdom. The team is responsible for daily planning with the contracted carriers and ensuring that trucks/vehicles arriving on time to schedule at our fulfillment centers across the UK. The team plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon's UK transportation network and thereby has direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve customers on time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Track existing metrics to detect & remove defects
· Line haul carrier performance management (e.g. on-time truck performance)
· Analyze existing trucking versus required capacity, especially to support peak
· Project support ensuring Amazon requirements are communicated & executed by Line Haul carriers
· Support Contract management and contract compliance for existing and new routes/carrier
· Support truck forecast improvement initiatives and ensure it is shared with carriers and Fulfillment Centers on a regular basis
· Recommend Line Haul carrier allocation to routes/replacements (based on optimum of cost and performance)
· Q4 planning and execution - secure sufficient Q4 Line Haul
· Support the Operations Planning (OP) Process: goal settings
· Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
· Maintain and improve communication, process and Fulfillment Center/carrier interface
· Develop relationships with Line Haul providers that facilitate communication and visibility across Amazon’s line haul network
To be successful in this role, you need a passion for making data driven decisions which will have direct impact on customer experience. Some keys to your success are the ability to be an effective communicator to various audiences. The ability to remain flexible and adapt to learning new tools and systems is instrumental in your role on the team. Our environment is deadline driven, fast paced, and requires you to be detail-oriented and comfortable interacting and working with multiple teams (business and technical).
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent with excellent academic record, with Logistics/Supply Chain/ Mathematics/Science/Engineering subjects
· Ability to prepare, report and interpret large sets of data
· Proficiency in Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
· Excellent communication, both verbal and written as one may be required to create a narrative outlining weekly findings and the variances to goals, and present these finding in a review forum.
· Strong inter-personal and relationship-building skills.
· People manager, able to create a coherent team that wants to excel in providing first class customer experience.
· Work experience in operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce is a plus
· Experience in transportation environment, preferable a carrier/forwarder operation.
· Experience of supply chain management and transportation concepts : forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics, delivery performance, carrier negotiation.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'