Operations Manager (Road Freight/Haulage)
An award winning Transport operator with a 50 year trading history has a permanent job for an Operations Manager to join their Leicestershire depot. The operation provides storage and distribution to a wide variety customer's utilising a number of pallet networks to provide same day collection and guaranteed next day delivery in the UK and Ireland.
As the Operations Manager you will have overall responsibility for the transport operation, a small warehouse, customer service and business development. Salary will be in the region of £30,000 to £34,000 per annum working a 45 hour week.
Main duties will include:
- Leading and developing the warehouse and transport teams.
- Ensuring the warehouse and stock control functions run smoothly.
- Managing a fleet of 6 vehicles including maintenance and compliance.
- Review current operating procedures and implement change/improvements where appropriate.
- Driver management and route planning/optimisation.
- Dealing with customer queries and account management.
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with new and existing customers.
- Quoting rates/tariffs on road haulage enquiries.
- Liaising and making arrangements with various pallet networks.
You will be a hands on Manager with experience of running a busy road freight/transport operation. You should have experience of UK and Irish transport operations with knowledge of pallet networks and maximising opportunities for the operation. A CPC would be a distinct advantage as would knowledge of ADR packages.
To apply or for more information please use the apply now or request a call back functions.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Transport Manager
- Operations manager
- Import Manager
- Export Manager
- Fright manager