An international bank based in London are wishing to hire an operations manager to manage the teams in retail operations, counter services, treasury operations, non-traded operations and operations control unit.
- Oversee the processing of all operational sections to ensure due process, accuracy and accountability are followed and that they are compliant with local legislation and regulation.
- Manage service delivery to both internal and external clients using the service catalogue model, track and review MI and completion of KPI’s.
- Ensure that the Operational Risk framework is adhered to by all Operations teams and the timely reporting of Incidents and escalation.
- Manage all staff resources to ensure optimum efficiency, suitability, flexibility and capability of staff to perform their respective roles, providing training and cross training as necessary to achieve this.
- Manage a portfolio of projects consisting of those run by Managers/Section Heads and those managed by the role holder.
- Ensure client data is protected from the public and secured against fraud by enforcing access rights and verification levels.
- Represent the Bank to external forums such as Vendor User Groups, Association of Foreign Banks, SWIFT forums as agreed with the COO to cover.
- Responsible for operational budgets and expenditure.
- Ensure project quality standards are met, that solutions are appropriate to the organization.
- Certified Person (internal) under the Senior Manager’s Regime.
Qualifications / Experience
- Good academic qualifications, degree desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years managerial experience in all main areas of Operations in an international bank.
- Knowledge & Expertise - Operations covering both Retail and Wholesale products, development of staff in all disciplines.