A flexible approach to shift patterns will be required, as the site moves from a startup to business as usual - this may involve working any 5/7 or 4 12 hour shifts.
Reporting to the Senior Operations Manager, the main focus of the Operations Manager is to lead and inspire large teams of people across the inbound and outbound functions of the operation.
Providing visible leadership you will focus on employee engagement, efficiency and safety. Driving continuous improvement across all areas
of the CFC, through the operational team managers.
As an Operations Manager, you will be set objectives and be responsible for the performance of Team Managers to meet demanding targets, deadlines and KPIs to maximize operational performance and efficiency. Safety too is paramount and ensuring process compliance across all areas is a key part of the role. Ultimately, you will ensure that our customers continue to receive outstanding service.
Initially this will involve working in a pre-go live environment, so is an opportunity to be involved in an exciting project from the start - not only learning world leading technology through a testing and commissioning phase - but also an opportunity to embed a market leading culture from the beginning. Once the site is live it will include
full people management responsibility (with the support of the Human Resources and Ops Management team where necessary) taking the lead in areas such as:
- Performance Management
- Absence Management, Disciplinary and Grievance
- Training & Development
- Employee Engagement
Alongside this, you will be responsible for identifying areas of improvement within the operation and recommending these to senior management. As a manager, you will also need to be prepared to be hands-on within the operation, as well as having the flexibility to work alternate shifts when and if required.
What are we looking for?
- You need to be a proven manager of large teams of people, who leads by example, and is capable of dealing with all issues that arise from managing people
- Experience of working in a start-up phase of a project or ability and understanding of how to contribute to that unique phase in a project life cycle
- Degree calibre or demonstrable experience in a similar role
- You need to be able to demonstrate the ability to really engage and enthuse a diverse team in a time-constrained environment
- Willing and able to contribute to Ocado’s vision for 'best in class’ culture and performance for the site
- Ideally have experience working in a FMCG production, automated warehouse or distribution centre environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written, with ability to deliver direction and motivation in an effective manner
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with other internal teams such as HR, Engineering and Resource Planning
- Analytical rationale and be data driven
- Exceptionally high standards
- Key Performance Indicators
- Operations Management
- Business Operations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job