I have a job for a Hard FM Operations Manager. The Hard FM Operations Manager will be responsible for the leadership and management of Building Engineering and Fire & Security service and install operations within a defined geographical area.
Through a team of Area Managers, the Hard FM Operations Manager will hold accountability for the successful delivery of the Operational P&L for BES and F&S, ensuring customer satisfaction and contract performance measures are exceeded.
The role will ensure the profitable contract performance through P&L analysis, development of effective customer relationships, and ensuring that the operations teams are able to operate smoothly and effectively via specific maintenance and security regimes.
The Hard FM Operations Manager operates as a key member of the Hard FM leadership team, providing credible leadership on employee, customer and Union issues.
- Successful profitable contract delivery of c£4-7m of income within defined geographical area
- Leads, motivates, supports and develops a team of Area Managers c5-6, ensuring that all people management processes are adhered to
- Member of the Hard FM leadership team, taking the lead on product-wide improvement programmes and projects, ensuring company work programmes are rolled out
- Undertakes a key customer interface role, particularly on key sites within specified geographical area, ensuring that the contract requirements and measures are clearly understood by their entire delivery team and the end user customers
- Analyses KPI and SLA performance; identifies areas for improvement
- Accountable for the implementation of the efficiency strategy, driving and exceeding targets
- Responsible for the performance of key suppliers to 'Account Manage'
- Develop local Union relationships, promoting and driving a collaborative approach
- Tactical management /delivery of the scheduling process within defined span of control
- Manage appropriate elements of employment procedures and processes, including disciplinary & grievance, attendance management and capability management
- Energy monitoring and reduction within span of control
- Cover for Head of Head Services on occasion
- Available for senior manager call out rota when required
- 3-5 direct reports - Overall accountability for c50-60 employees
- P&L accountability of £5-10m
- Accountable for the delivery of agreed budgeted margins
- Accountable for safe and compliant performance of c200-250 sites across defined area
- Accountable for agreed SLAs across products and supply chain within their span of control
- Demonstrable experience of leading, supporting, managing and developing a team of Engineering Managers to improve performance
- Performance management process and employee relations issues, including attendance management, disciplinary, performance management etc
- Strong understanding of BES and/or F&S contracts, with a level of technical understanding
- Demonstrable experience of P&L management, with proven history of cost management
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review and analyse performance data
- Strong presentation skills, with ability to create and deliver effective reports & presentations
- Excellent knowledge of Health, Safety and Compliance legislation relating to BES and/or F&S
- Experience of developing relationships with Trades Unions
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Operations Manager
- Hard Service
- Facilities management
- Fire & Security