Our client is a market leading warehouse and distribution facility, part of a larger global group. They supply a wide range of industrial customers with a variety of technical and engineering parts and sub-assemblies. They are now looking to appoint an experienced Interim Operations Manager to join their organisation in September and deliver a 4 month, possibly longer, interim assignment for the site. You will be tasked with developing strategic initiatives and projects to insure achievement of customer satisfaction and KPI’s.
- This role requires a collaborative management style with the ability to successfully work with peers in order to effectively lead through competing priorities.
- Foster a participative culture of continuous improvement while achieving excellent operative results.
- Enlist and motivate a diverse team to achieve strategic objectives in a multi-cultural environment
- Provides overall leadership for the entire site.
- General Policy administration - work schedules, holidays, plant closures, vacations, etc.
- Provide Talent Management for direct reports, and assist in their development through mentoring, coaching and creating individual skill and career development and succession plans.
- Provide leadership to Operations team.
- Assumes the responsibilities and duties of SEO (Site Executive Officer) for crisis management and emergency response
- Develops and Drives safety compliance audits including facilities, machine guarding, equipment safety, training record. Identify and implement corrective actions.
- Ensure that facilities are maintained in a clean and safe manner, and emphasize good safety practices through safety awareness programs, and policies
- Ensure all employee are trained for safe operation of equipment
- Responsible for overall maintenance of plant equipment, building and grounds. Ensuring facility is operated in a manner that is compliant with all codes and regulations
- Maintenance of infrastructure, fire suppression and security systems
- Lead and Manage all outside contractor activities required to support the above facility managing activities
- Develop and maintain a system to support the supply and replenishment of MRO items required to support the facility maintenance activities
- Expenditure approval for non-operations spending
- Develop the appropriate AOP and capital budget to support the facilities management activities
- Use appropriate level of authority and/or use appropriate means to accomplish the following:
- Maintain operations procedures within the Quality policy manual and assure compliance
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to operations (quantity, labelling, correct part)
- Identify any problems relating to the product, process and quality system;
- Initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels
Manage the UK Operations Function
- Member of the operations leadership team; collaborate with peers to share best practices and to build common tools and competencies.
- Establish annual policy deployment (goals and objectives) and target KPI’s in alignment with the operations policy deployment.
- Functional oversight of all operations including warehousing and value-added services) neutralization, kitting, assembly).
- Drive tactical excellence in receiving, sales order picking and packing, shipping, manpower planning, value added services and quality assurance.
- Establish standard metrics and reporting for Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Productivity; Monthly AOP to Plan variance reporting.
- Optimize physical material flow by identifying and eliminating safety hazards and waste.
- Create an annual operating plan for resources (capital and manpower), expenses, equipment and IT processes.
- Select and retain qualified personnel in all positions within Operations and recommend their compensation.
- Provide orientation and training for personnel and insure the duties, responsibilities, authority and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
Lean Operations and Continuous Improvement
- Establish a continuous improvement processes in operations.
- Develop and maintain a 5s and visual factory system.
- Maintain a funnel of operation’s projects; develop a prioritization method and implementation strategy.
- Implement optimizations based on lean approach in operations (e.g. Value Stream Analysis, LPMS, etc.)
- An experienced Operations Manager and Leader, with a strong background in Logistics, Supply chain and warehousing Operations.
- Experience of working in a high-volume fast-moving environment - automotive, FMCG etc.
- Degree qualified.
- Experience of working with SAP essential
- Experience of warehouse automation
- A track record of implementing lean tool and techniques.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- A background in interim management roles or available immediately to start an interim assignment.
- You will be working for a world class, market leading organisation.
- They are looking to start the right person in September.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'