We offer a truly national service that includes grounds maintenance, winter maintenance, tree works and vegetation management, soft and hard landscaping, ecology, design & build, pest control and fencing. Ground Control is the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury’s, Arqiva and the Tower of London to name a few.
The Role -
We have a brand new opportunity for a Senior Manager to join our Industrial Painting & Coating division. The role is to manage industrial painting projects, particularly tower and mast painting projects, nationally. It will be a site based role with a strong focus on safety. You will be managing the allocation of manpower, quality management, liaison and planning with the customer, stock control and dealing with third party land owners. There will be responsibility for completing internal and customer reports as well as weekly wages. You will be responsible for the delivery of specific projects across the country and for surveying and taking part in bidding for new work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities -
- Manage the team on a day to day basis allocation, safety and QA
- Health, Safety and quality on work sites
- Ensure all works are completed in a timely manner to specification
- Ensure all staff embrace safety culture and ensure compliance with safety
- Customer liaison - planning and progress reporting
- Undertake site inductions
You will also be required to take a direct interest in the health and safety of you, your team and any others who may be affected by your work activities, therefore you must -
- Participate in any communication activities through formal and informal channels on safety matters to ensure that there is a free flow of ideas.
- Ensure that you have received the necessary training so that you can competently carry out your duties and responsibilities. Acknowledge and accept a personal responsibility for safety.
- Ensure that the Ground Control safety image is reflected positively through your actions
- Take responsibility for reviewing the safe system of work prior to the commencement of the work activity.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that plant and equipment is maintained and fit for purpose.
- Safety Support: You will be required to work closely with the Ground Control Health and Safety team who are available to provide safety advice and support. Furthermore you will be required to ensure that safety initiatives are implemented within your areas of control.
- Raise any concerns over Health & Safety breaches in accordance with Company Procedure.
Managing tower painting contracts or similar project based site roles would be advantageous. This is a site based role for National projects. You will be familiar with mobilising and de-mobilising projects. The management of safety is critical and you will be able to demonstrate safety management in a high risk environment.
The Person -
The right person for the role will have Enthusiasm, pride in workmanship, reliable and honest. You must be driven to improve standards and work practice and committed to safe working and getting work completed right first time.
Through our absolute focus on customer service and outstanding delivery, we are the most respected company in our chosen field. We inspire each other to be the best that we can be. Ground Control is owned by its employees and as a result, we share the responsibilities of ownership as well as its rewards. Our values are the key to or ongoing success and we are looking for passionate candidates with like-minded values of:
- Delivering outstanding customer service
- Innovation and embracing change
- Valuing each other
- Acting with integrity and honouring our commitments
- Seeking value in everything we do
- A desire to win
- Industrial Painting
- Senior Management
- National Service
- Safety Culture
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'