Our client is one of the UK’s leading technical services providers specialising in the delivery of technical solutions for the built environment. Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to join their team. Reporting directly to the Operations Director you will be manage the delivery responsible planned maintenance, reactive tasks and small works projects to a range of clients throughout an expansive geographical area.
The key responsibilities for the Operations Manager will be:
- Management and personal development of a team of mobile staff to ensure excellence in customer service and operational delivery
- Be responsible and accountable for the commercial management of contract P & Ls including control, monitoring and management of overhead cost, expenditure, invoicing and debt control
- Attending weekly site meeting with the clients management team
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the clients site based management team to align delivery requirements / standards with client expectations
- Ensure additional works are carried out within the specified time frames.
- Be responsible for ensuring the maintenance procedures are followed in accordance with all operating and maintenance manuals, maintenance tasks specified within the KPI’s, statutory or regulatory requirements
- Invoice all completed works by the stated deadlines.
- Resolve aged debt queries – liaising with the relevant departments where necessary.
- Management, monitoring and quality control of maintenance, reactive tasks and small project works.
- Assisting and advising during the design and implementation stages of small works.
- Supporting the pricing of additional small project works.
- Reporting on progress for small works: timescale, budget and quality.
- Promoting a safe working environment; ensuring company H&S procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Meeting various contractors on site with regard to small works.
The successful Operations Manager will have:
- C&G Electrical, Mechanical or HVAC background
- Good all-round understanding of delivering facilities management with particular emphasis on hard service delivery
- Proven experience of working within technical facilities services, construction or engineering environment.
- Financially aware with strong commercial focus applied within a large organisation
- Have the ability to develop and implement service delivery in line with strategic business objectives
- Ability to manage teams of geographical spread and varied functionality
Successful applicants will be offered a competitive salary, company car/allowance plus additional benefits.