Depends on What you do Today.
Operations Manager - Events Agency
A stand-out opportunity has arisen to join a thriving events agency as Operations Manager, to support the Managing Director and their team. You will be an integral part of the Senior management team working with key clients, venues, suppliers and service providers/partners in the briefing and preparing of presentation(s) for a variety of event opportunities.
You will assume full ownership of and will be accountable for developing strong lasting ongoing client relationships throughout assigned accounts - ensuring services continually meet and exceed expectations.
Our client is a dynamic full-service event management agency specialising in venue finding, event management and delegate management operating across a wide range of sectors and event types.
As Events Operations Manager, your main responsibilities will be:
To provide senior management skills and event management operations for the delivery of assigned events ensuring all team members follow clear project management methodologies and full budget management (which includes foreign currency exchange monitoring).
Strong management to ensure that all assigned projects are delivered in-line with client service level agreements (SLAs) whilst leading and managing the required profit margins.
Day-to-day line management of Project Managers/Executives; clearly defining scope and expected deliveries of roles for each team member both pre/post event and on-site.
Acting as Managing Directors business support in his/her absence - working within clear guidelines of decision making remit.
Senior management role of staff members for internal training, team growth and company expansion and progress communications.
Your role will see you wearing many different hats under the 'Operations’ umbrella. They include:
Your 'must-have’ skills:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience as an Event professional, ideally as a Senior Event Manager, Event Operations Manager, Team Leader Events, Events Team Leader or Head of Events
- Highly experienced and developed communication skills - both written and oral
- Highly experienced and with strong record at developing lasting client relationships at many levels - including C-suite level
- Highly organised and strong leadership skills of larger events (more than 3,000 delegates), with excellent attention to detail - ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly developed financial acumen and can consistently produce client & company level profit targets
- High developed overall business commercial understanding and ability to contribute to the ongoing budget development and reviews of Profit and Loss targets
- Highly experienced at Crisis Management development and handling
- Extensive worldwide venue knowledge
- Leadership experience of on-site event management for events with a good level of complexity
- Highly experienced of leading and developing face-to-face presentations
- Proven line management, resource planning and building strong effective teams
- Completely conversant with Microsoft Office including Excel, Power Point and Word
- Ability to travel extensively both internationally and throughout the UK
- Full UK driving license
- Excellent people skills and self-motivated
Your 'nice to have’ skills:
- Previous Operational Management/Client Services position
- Strong understanding of working with Production and Creative partners
- Language(s) to intermediate level - both oral and written
- Sales experience and working with assigned financial targets
- Involvement with internal change management programme
- Evidence of managing an internal project to effect improvements in either processes, systems or strategy approach
- Educated to degree level
This role would suit: Events Operations Manager, Events Operations, Events Team Management, Event Management, Event Team Management, Event Operational Team Management, Senior Event Manager, Head of Events, Events Team Leader, Team Leader Events, Operations Director, Senior Operation Manager Events.
- Budget Management
- Event Management
- Operations Management
- Line Management