£45,000-£55,000 negotiable + bonus
An opportunity for a proven plastic injection moulding Technical Manager to lead a strong technical team has arisen in Kent.
The role of Operations Manager is to work towards achieving manufacturing excellence through the people and processes, applying continuous improvement and instilling this in all production/technical personnel to improve efficiencies in all aspects of manufacturing to include minimise downtime and waste.
The successful candidate will have a very strong working background within the injection moulding manufacturing environment in a similar position, supported with HNC (or equivalent) qualifications.
- HNC (or equivalent) qualification
- Experience with Injection Moulding / Injection Mould Tooling / Polymer Materials
- Experience with Robotics and Automation
- Extensive knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar Management / Supervisory position
- Facilities Management
- Possess strong leadership & coaching ability (structured, highly organised and disciplined)
- Be highly personable with excellent communication, inter-personal and motivation skills and be comfortable dealing with people at all levels
- Be highly motivated
- Ability to time manage, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure
- Demonstrate structured approach to problem solving
- Demonstrate experience in continuous improvement
- Be a risk based thinker
- Be forward thinking, adaptable and practicable
- Have a methodical approach and attention to detail
- Have strong negotiation skills with the ability to close deals
- Have a strong technical, commercial and financial acumen
- IT literate
- Driving licence
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications currently being received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.