SF Group are currently looking an Operations Manager - Catering position for our client based in the West Midlands
This is a permanent position in in place to help effectively run major contracts for the business and ensure they are running effectively and to budget.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Monitor all unit results on a regular basis and take action to overcome any problems as they may appear
- Achieve and improve on budgeted profits set by the company directors
- Visit all units within the defined region on a regular basis
- Ensure the company purchasing policy is adhered to at all times
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with the client through regular personal contact and to attend meetings where appropriate. Report all matters discussed to the Operations Director. To entertain the client off-site whenever necessary
- Select, appoint and dismiss unit managers and staff, taking account of company policy in doing so
- Lead and motivate the establishment personnel by the proper allocation of duties and responsibilities with fair and prompt treatment of disciplinary and grievance cases that may arise. Areas for guidance are Employment Legislation and Company Personnel & Training Policies. Continue to train and ensure training needs are met for all staff
- Undertake all accounting and documentation requirements of the company. Provide the accounts department with details of arrangements concerning finance agreed with clients
- Produce cost and sales analysis as required
- Make recommendations to senior management where cost reductions can be achieved, e.g. improved and reduced services and change of suppliers or commodities
- Prepare the annual budget and achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget for all units within the designated area.
The ideal person will be/have:
- Have worked in a similar or relevant position within a contract catering or large catering organisation
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility in their approach to problems
- Work in an effective and efficient manner
- Concentrate on essentials, sets priorities
- Be even-tempered and able to work under pressure.
- Be proactive, take initiative, work independently and exhibit a can-do positive mental attitude
- Communicate clearly, fluently and comprehensibly both in written and verbal format
This position will pay an annual salary of between £40,000 and £45,000 a year. If you are interested in this role please apply asap.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'