Operations Manager - Care
Our client is looking for an Operations Manager (Care sector) to join their team.
Purpose of the role:
To support the owner and Registered Manager(s) to deliver safe, high quality homecare services. This role is instrumental to the success of our company. The Operations Manager will use their strong leadership skills to maximise operational efficiency and to drive the growth of the business.
We are looking for someone with the following:
• Level 5 Qualification or Social Care / Care based Degree
• Professional and self-motivated
• Strong commercial awareness and experience in the operational running of the business
• Hardworking and passionate about delivering high standard of care
• Full driving license is essential
• Senior management responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of the business. Allocate resources and monitor performance to deliver high quality, safe and effective homecare to customers within budget. Manage all aspects of the staff team. Provide strong leadership so staff are clear about their respective duties and responsibilities and have the support they need to carry out their roles safely.
Manage the safety and quality of the business:
• Oversee the safe delivery of the service at each office, in line with legislative requirements, national standards and company policy and procedures
• Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to maintain and improve the quality of the service
• Monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field
• Make sure each office maintains accurate and up to date records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and company policy
• Implement and monitor quality management and improvement systems. Lead investigations on more complex complaints and serious incidents. Use findings to improve the quality of our services
• Produce regular management information reports to the franchise owner with recommendations as appropriate
• Be prepared to work flexibly to ensure the safe delivery of the service
Provide a good service to customers:
• Promote the rights of each customer and keep their wishes at the centre of their care and support
• Monitor care and support planning. Prior to each service commencing make sure a full assessment of each customer’s needs and associated risks is carried out
• Make sure customers, and where appropriate their representatives, receive timely information about the service so that they are clear about what to expect and how they can raise any concerns
• Apply excellent communication skills with customers, their families and representatives, staff and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality homecare services
• Keep all information about customers and their families secure and confidential, except where policy requires you to share to protect the interests of our customers
Lead and manage staff:
• Provide strong leadership to all office staff to motivate and encourage excellent performance
• Line manage the registered managers and other staff as required by the franchise owner. Carry out appraisals and monitoring of staff performance. Make sure staff are supported to effectively and safely carry out their roles and to develop their professional practice. Provide expert advice, ongoing supervision, support and training
• Uphold brand values in recruitment, induction and training of staff. Make sure systems are in place to identify ongoing training needs so staff are up to date with current best practice
• Make sure offices have sufficient numbers of suitably qualified staff to meet service needs at all times. Implement company policy and procedures in relation to managing absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters
• Ensure all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively
Promote the business:
• Manage relationships with external stakeholders to promote the brand
• Drive the growth and development of the business. Work with the franchise owner to achieve sales targets and deliver within budget
• Manage publicity and media relationships to maintain the reputation of the business
Due to the amount of applications we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to all candidates, if you have not heard back within 5 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for. We will hold your details on our database and consider you for future opportunities, unless you instruct us otherwise. Good luck with your job search. Many thanks - Pyramid8 Ltd.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"