Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports to: Building Manager/Senior Facilities Manager
Role Purpose: To be accountable for all aspects of day to day management of the property, including Health, Safety, Environmental and financial governance whilst promoting the CBRE brand and profile and developing effective client/tenant working relationships.
- Liaising with the Building Manager / Senior Facilities Manager to maintain high visibility with clients and key stakeholders to enhance the property’s position through the creation of an appropriate improvement plan for the property which incorporates supplier improvement plans.
- Provide support with drafting, managing and reporting of the service charge budget and expenditure for the property in accordance with the timescales set by the management team.
- Assist the Building Manager / Senior Facilities Manager to ensure all aspects of capital expenditure are identified and highlighted to your asset services colleagues regularly and prior to the service charge budgets being set.
- Develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders, providing support and guidance where relevant.
- To conduct regular occupier meetings on site and in conjunction with the asset services team.
- Build and maintain relationships with colleagues and the asset services team in order to support the achievement of their and the clients commercial targets.
- Identify and generate new business opportunities within the property to ensure improved commercial performance.
- Liaise with key stakeholders within the local community to identify any impact of local activities on day to day operations and opportunities to promote the profile of the property.
- To produce regular operational reports as directed by the Senior Facilities Manager/Building Manager for the property when required.
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s Procurement Policy at all times to enable quality and best value to be achieved.
- Manage key contract relationships ensuring best in class service is delivered at all times on the property
- Ensure regular inspections of all aspects of the property are conducted on a regular basis and any observations should be actioned accordingly within appropriate timescales.
- Liaise with key stakeholders regarding site operations activities and effectively manage the service suppliers to ensure the implementation of all planned and reactive works.
- Work in partnership with the asset services team and third party service providers to ensure KPI’s set by the client are achieved on time.
- Adopt and share standards of best practice across the region to ensure properties are aligned with company standards
- Assist with the management of operational transition of tenant in and out of the property in conjunction with senior leadership and the asset services team
- Be responsible for the control of all activities relating to the property, reporting and taking action as appropriate in accordance with site rules and lease agreements in place.
- To compile and maintain records relating to the property for example asset register, plans, plant testing etc. and make complete any actions required in timely manner.
- Ensure full compliance of all Health, Safety and Environmental policies and adherence to corporate and legal responsibilities, and the effective use of the Health, Safety and Environmental management system to maintain relevant records.
- Ensure appropriate contracts or purchase orders are in place, monitored and reviewed on a quarterly basis for the property.
- Support the Senior Facilities Manager/Building Manager to ensure the appropriate standard of Crisis Management plan is in place for the property. This plan to be tested and reviewed annually.
- Liaise with local authorities and statutory bodies as appropriate.
- Proactively manage risk and deal with insurance issues relating to the property, with regards to both public and statutory requirements.
- Maintain and control all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and operational issues for major works programmes within the property.
- Experience within the facilities management sector or a service driven environment
- Experience of working with or for a Managing Agent
- Demonstrate experience of successfully delivering on targets agreed with colleagues, occupiers and the client
- Proven ability to understand and analyse data and create/recommend solutions to problems
- Ability to work with a broad spectrum of internal and external contacts
- IOSH or NEBOSH accredited
- Ability to think analytically
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer Focused
- Decision Making Skills
- Planning and Organising
- Results Focused
- Working collaboratively adopting one team approach
- Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel, and databases as well as Industry specific packages
- Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing