Operations Manager job located in Manchester for an accountancy firm.
We are working with a unique central Manchester Public Practice Accountancy firm based in the heart of Manchester’s Financial District. The Operations Manager role will incorporate several aspects of Practice Management with a wide strategic remit including reviewing internal systems & processes as well as managing special projects.
Do you have the commercial insight to shape the direction of a business?
The successful Operations Manager will be working with a Manchester Accountancy Practice with a unique ethos and providing a full range of Accountancy services as well as specialist Tax Advice. The role will be based at their stunning Manchester City Centre offices. As well as overseeing the general management of the Practice you will hold a key role in conducting a review of the business operationally and to construct a platform for continued growth and the sustainability of profits.
This will most likely come from a combination of streamlining existing processes whilst also overseeing the installation and utilisation of new technologies within the Accountancy Practice sector.
Do you have excellent stakeholder management skills?
The Operations Manager will work closely with the Senior Management Team and the key players within each department to ensure 'Best Practice’ systems are implemented and maintained. This will involve dissecting the processes within each department in order to analyse both risk & efficiency.
It will also feature significant involvement with third parties, where you will be representing a brand with an outstanding reputation in its field for over 60 years, in tendering and contract negotiations.
Duties can include:
- Designing improved processes and systems as required
- Communicating changes to systems and controls/policies to the wider team as well as managing the change
- Gaining feedback from internal stakeholders on existing systems and processes
- Notifying and handling issues of non-compliance
- Managing the Data Policy within the practice including any modifications required to become compliant with GDPR
- Project managing the Technology Investments
- Responsibility for reviewing/managing the cost efficiency of key Suppliers
- Creation of a Risk Register
- Overall accountability for Health & Safety within the firm
- Developing the Cyber Security strategy for the firm
- Assisting the Partners with the development of KPI’s (financial and non-financial) across the business as well as putting in place suitable measure
- Acting as Line Manager for all 'non-chargeable’ staff
Apply today in the strictest confidence.
Public Practice Recruitment Ltd are specialists in accountancy practice recruitment with over a decade of experience in recruiting across Audit, Accounts, Tax, Corporate Finance, VAT & Employment Tax.