Business Operations Manager - Multisite
Locations: Central London
Salary: £50,000-£60,000 PLUS Excellent Bonus
About the Company
My client is an entrepreneurial London based business service provider, having operated in the market for over 20 years. With several boutique locations across central London
My client look for people who embody excellent customer service and understand this at the heart of delivering above and beyond our client’s needs. My client is obsessed with the belief that every member of the team is a vital ingredient and key to the success of the business.
The Operations Manager - A brief insight into the Role
These are our values and they strongly represent our culture as well as how we treat our clients and each other. We are very passionate about what we stand for and all the below will have this in mind. Our Operations Manager embodies the vision, mission and most importantly the values of my client’s values with my client’s eternal clients as well as the employees.
You play a key role in providing inspired leadership for the operations of the business as well as successful coordination of the delivery of our services to our clients. This includes client service delivery, people and performance management and the standards and maintenance of the building facilities throughout.
We always like to create roles with potential promotional paths and should you demonstrate a star quality the role has the potential over time to develop for the right person.
(Some) Responsibilities - A typical day in the life of Operations Manager
- Communication: Whether this relates to communication with clients or with the team, it will be executed in an effective, clear and professional manner and be an example that you want the team to follow. Additionally, you must ensure that communication between centres and departments is ongoing and utilised to maintain and environment of continuous improvement.
- People Management/Performance: Continually think of unique and fun incentives to keep the morale and the spirit high within the team. To ensure that all employees are fully engage with the work they do as well as live and breathe my client’s values. Additionally, you will be organising their rotas, holiday and sick cover. You will, when they arise, deal with staff issues and will lead disciplinary meetings where appropriate.
- Recruiting and Training: To identify any gaps in our centres regarding staffing and to work with HR to shape the team that you want to have to ensure that you can work together to deliver our mission. To provide the relevant training to your team to equip them in servicing our clients in line with our values.
- Suppliers: You will manage the suppliers as well as remaining current with what is available and competitive in relations to the service my client provides. To manage budgets and costs effectively and review financial statements and data for cost efficiency.
- Implementation of any new policies and procedures relating to the exceptional service delivery and related matters.
- Team Meetings: Your input in the meetings is important to the whole team and your active participation is crucial in the team meetings. You are expected to add value to these meetings and have positive or constructive contribution.
- Attending presentations by the CEO. You will be expected to attend after working hours (approx. 4 x a year).
The Person - Does this sound like you … A Positive Attitude, an ability to Problem Solve and are always willing to go Above and Beyond. You have a genuine interest to want to be part of a successful team.
Effective Communication Skills:
You will need to know how to communicate on many different levels with all types of people. The ability to get your message across to your staff, your superiors and most importantly, our clients is an essential skill that will be put to the test each day. Using a wide array of essential communication medium, including verbal, written and body language techniques to allow you to establish a rapport with each audience.
A high level of attention to detail and judgement is essential. You can assess the nature of a problem (client/building/staff) quickly before making a decision/problem solving. You also have a true understanding of how to be professional at work in front of clients and your team. You demonstrate a calm approach when working under pressure. You are naturally confident person who can work independently/in a team/deal direct with clients and regularly be dealing directly with the CEO.
- People Manager: Manage, delegate well and develop teams. You will also be a great motivator and can build a strong team and develop positive relationships amongst the team members. People management experience is essential. We want you to like people and have a genuine interest in them. This will allow to build effective relationships that will be based on genuine interest and respect as well as a great rapport.
- Personal Presentation: Every employee is a brand ambassador and your personal presentation must represent this; you must be immaculately well-dressed and groomed to the highest standard always.
- Flexibility & Team Work: The ability to be open and flexible to changes and improvements. You are part of a team and you need to be adaptable and open to changing things to work for the entire centre to operate effectively.
- Solid Organisational Skills: Impeccable organisation. Ability to prioritise and multi task and enjoy always being busy and jumping from task to task. Be good with time management and be a naturally organised/methodical person.
- Business Management
- Operations Management
- Business Operations