Our client within the Defence industry are currently recruiting for an Operations Lead (mechanical & Electrical) to join their team based in Malvern, Worcestershire.
The purpose of this role will be to coordinate the delivery of property operations in a specific discipline (electrical, mechanical) in accordance with all legal and regulatory frameworks, to enable users to continue to occupy and undertake business as usual in a safe and efficient manner.
- Lead a team in a specific discipline to deliver the requirements of the site within that field
- To help deliver the site(s) budget through prioritising work, reconciling conflicting demands, reviewing and revising timing of work to agreed deadlines
- To deliver a proactive, trained and engaged team ensuring that the organisation's key principles are embedded within the team
- Ensuring effective facilitation and co-ordination of third party contractors on sites
- Advising on management and supervision of maintenance of buildings
- Lead on distinct elements as set out by the Property Operations Manager eg. audits, risk register
- Manage task types of work to time, cost and quality
- Breed a culture of continuous improvement and ensure that best practice is shared
- Must have excellent organisational Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work and engage across departments
- Must have good verbal, written, listening and negotiating skills
- Good IT skills
Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge of health & safety and environmental legislation
- Knowledge and appropriate qualifications gained through relevant training, with an experience of delivering FM Service with the ability to be appointed as an Authorised Person
- Knowledge of all relevant UK Regulatory Bodies, Local Authorities and associated legislation
- Challenge current maintenance regimes and services to deliver VFM
- Sound experience with dealing in subcontractor services (scope, cost and delivery).
- Understanding of the principles of contract management and experience of procurement of suppliers including the following areas: Service Delivery Management, Relationship Management and Contract Administration,
- Good stakeholder management. Ability to develop productive working relationships with a wide range of people across all levels.
- Have sound and strong interpersonal skills to deal with team and a very diverse customer base.
- Track record in managing teams and dealing with conflict / poor performance
- Define and drive a positive work, safety and customer culture across the teams
- The ability to manage a diverse workload
- Successful appointment will be subject to obtaining SC Security Clearance
- Local Authorities
- Security Clearance
- Stakeholder Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job