We are looking for a French speaking Operations Executive who will report to the Director of Operations, while taking responsibility for managing both distribution and stock control in a hectic but dynamic work environment. The successful applicant will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role, although no previous experience of the wine industry is necessary. The ability to differentiate accurately between the many wine names and vintages is essential and a short training period will be provided. A typical day might include planning and executing the delivery of hundreds of cases of wine to locations across central London, assisting the Director of Operations in ensuring that stock levels are up to date, speaking with suppliers to arrange shipments from around the world, and generating delivery notes, invoices and accurate financial statements. The role of Operations Executive also involves managing our full-time delivery driver and working closely with our in-house sales team, making sure that samples and tasting notes are prepared and that wine is correctly stored. No two days are the same in this fast- paced environment and team members are expected to act independently while supporting each other in a variety of essential roles. A 'can do’ attitude is a must.
Key Activities & Responsibilities for an Operations Executive
- The job of Operations Executive involves being the first point of contact and communicating on a daily basis with both customers and suppliers, taking orders, arranging deliveries and organising shipments.
- At least two years’ experience of working with QuickBooks or other accounting software, Excel and Word to produce sales history, delivery notes, invoices, stock impact reports and sales and purchase orders.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience and an understanding of the demands of a small business where flexibility and a willingness to turn a hand at a variety of roles is essential.
- To manage the purchasing cycle from collection from the vineyard and the shipping process to arrival in the warehouse, and to ensure accuracy in invoicing and delivery from all parties.
- To keep a close eye on stock levels and reporting to the Director of Operations, to ensure that customer demands are met, and stock reports are accurate at all times.
- To order wines and arrange training sessions for restaurant staff, requiring attention to detail of vintages, wine varietals, regions, as well as excellent grammar to put together short descriptions of each wine.
- Set up new customer accounts and check trade references, create and arrange printing of wine lists for new customers, and any other tailored services for clients.
Key Attributes for an Operations Executive
- Highly numerate
- Excellent working knowledge of French. Spanish or Italian would also be a bonus.
- A passion for precision and a keen eye for detail
- The ability to work under pressure, while maintaining high standards of operations accuracy
- Great communication skills and the ability to impart information in a clear, professional and friendly manner to clients, suppliers and team members.
- A team player who is happy to work in a small company where the flexibility to engage in a whole range of tasks is essential and where the Operations Executive plays a pivotal role.
- A 'can-do’ attitude
What we offer
Salary negotiable depending on experience. Annual salary review
4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
Cost price wines
Option to join company health insurance scheme
Individual staff training and personal development opportunities
Promotion prospects for the right candidate
- Communication Skills
- Flexible Approach
- Highly Detailed
- Highly Numerate