Photocentric is a rapidly growing, innovative company with a number of patented, market leading and award-winning products manufacturing in Cambridgeshire and with a subsidiary in Arizona. To aid our rapid expansion we are creating a new role that requires a talented Operations Director to manage and develop all functions of the business. This role is based in Peterborough and would suit an experienced manager with a manufacturing or production background ideally in an innovative company.
Reporting to the Managing Director/Owner the key responsibilities will include:
· Operating as a member of the board playing a key role in the development of company strategy focusing on sustainable rapid growth.
· Supporting the Managing Director, you will create the operation plan for the business with an emphasis on innovation supported by robust systems.
· Providing leadership to 85 staff in manufacturing, technical, chemistry and production staff to drive the manufacturing and technical strategies to achieve company objectives.
· Overseeing the day to day management of the manufacturing, technical and supply chain functions based in Peterborough, project managing the implementation of new technology and working practices.
· Partnering the marketing and commercial teams to drive new product development enabling Photocentric to enter new markets with disruptive new technologies.
· Ensuring the continued promotion of a positive, happy culture to achieve good working practices.
· Promoting an environment where teamwork, open communication, continuous improvement and excellent customer service are the norm.
Your abilities and experience
· Prospective candidates will be of graduate calibre with a demonstrable track record of success operating in a manufacturing environment.
· Previous experience of working an innovative company which designs and manufactures new products.
· Background in engineering or chemistry would be an advantage.
· Strong leadership skills with vast experience of managing large teams of multi-skilled people to include sales, technical and production.
· You will have an excellent mix of strategic and operational experience coupled with a technical background having developed manufacturing businesses, ideally with some international exposure.
· Experience of working cross functionally, contributing to sales and marketing strategies and new product development.
· Excellent commercial awareness and outstanding interpersonal skills that will enable you to embrace and drive an open and customer-focused culture in this fast-moving market leading business.
Extremely attractive basic salary, private healthcare, profit and performance related bonus. Ability to be instrumental in a key person in an innovative company with ambitions to double in size every year for 5 years. Remuneration is limited only by your abilities and vision.
- Manufacturing Environment
- Staff Management
- Operations Directors
- Product Innovation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job