The Operations Director will have responsibility for all of manufacturing, purchasing, supply chain and planning with a total headcount of around 130 people.
Our client are a growing manufacturing business who are based in Cornwall. They are looking for an experienced Operations Director to join their busy team.
Responsibilities for the Operations Director will include:
- Lead production areas, develop the team and people and improve production against KPIs for quality, cost and adherence to schedule.
- Responsible for development of the production facilities in line with the strategic plan, creation of plans and activities to improve.
- Support and build on lean manufacturing projects
- Monitor and progress orders through the production areas to ensure targets and promised dates are achieved.
- Provide leadership support to the departmental managers and foremen. Assess their performance and training requirements.
- Ensure they are working to improve their areas using the KPIs that are in place.
- Manage purchasing process to maintain supply and reduce purchase costs
- Develop supplier relationships for lineside deliveries etc
- Liaise with sales teams to ensure forecast is used to develop resource and production plans
The successful candidate will need to have:
- Ideally degree qualified within mechanical engineering or similar
- Extensive experience within manufacturing environments - ideally varied background
- Proven track record of managing an operations team within manufacturing
- Lean/Six sigma experience
£65,000 - £80,000 depending on experience
- Operations Director
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job