A well established Retail business based in Milton Keynes are looking for an Operations Director to drive the growth of the business. The role sits within the leadership team.
The main role of the Director of Operations is to support the work of the Executive Team focusing on the establishment and optimisation of day to day operations in the company, involving planning, developing and implementing strategies for operational management and development so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
Key responsibilities of the Operations Director role:
- To assist in the delivery of the entire business strategy ensuring that all efficiency, profit and growth targets are met, if not exceeded, to deliver maximum value.
- Deliver a customer focused culture that is based on results, trust, organisational capability and competitive advantage.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development; and to help achieve business plan objectives.
- Oversee reporting and monitoring of organisational performance metrics.
- Collaborate with the Senior Executive Team to identify, define and develop the required strategies for achieving the company vision including developing, assessing and agreeing objectives, timelines and resources.
- Implement the business strategy and the organisation's activities to achieve the stated/agreed targets and standards for exceptional performance, quality and culture.
- Lead the operation of the functional teams, focusing on commercial support functions (including customer service), inventory and product lifecycle management.
- Ensure the alignment of resources with the strategic initiatives
- Ensure delivery is against identified requirements
- Manage the delivery of services against SLAs as agreed
- Report on performance
- Regularly evaluate the efficiency of business procedures according to organisational objectives and apply improvements.
- Develop and put in place strategic operating plans and budgets for each of the central functions that reflect the longer term objectives and priorities of the company.
- Adjust those operational budgets where necessary to promote profitability.
- Oversee risk management and legal activities.
- Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall company products and services.
- Project manage all strategic initiatives including the allocation of roles and responsibilities, setting appropriate timelines and resources whilst providing expertise, support and guidance.
- Delegating the required level of responsibility appropriately.
- Liaison with the Finance team to ensure full performance monitoring.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary operational development theory and methods and provide suitable interpretation to directors, managers and staff within the organisation.
The Successful Operations Director will ideally fit the following criteria:
- Minimum 2 years proven record of successful Operations Management gained in an executive level position.
- Proven experience of business planning, human resource management, strategic direction creation and execution.
- Outstanding record of developing and growing organisations from within the B2B environment.
- Minimum BA.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial planning and analysis.
- Performance reporting.
- Successful track record of working at a Senior Executive level.
- Successful delivery of significant organisational and financial change.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
If you are a proven leader and driven strategy company wide then this is the role for you, please contact James Taylor on 01908-044000 or
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job