BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Please note: This is not a live vacancy. Register your interest as an Operations Director today!
Position: Operations Director
Location: United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 22nd March 2018
Do you get energized by leading and motivating multiple managers and operations? Are you highly organized with the ability to prioritize a long list of equally important responsibilities? Do you consider yourself to be self-sufficient with a level of expertise to hold all resources and areas of the business honest and accountable?
It takes a special kind of person to do those type of things successfully. If you are that kind of person, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
We're looking for an Operations Director to lead multiple distribution centres - each with individual customers who have their own sets of requirements. You'll cultivate customer relationships, becoming an extension of their business and enabling DHL Supply Chain to play an essential role in their success. You'll be held to very high standards - because our company has set a very high standard in our industry.
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we hire only world-class people. People who aren't afraid to work hard - in fact, people who want to work hard.
Our ideal Operations Director has a full understanding of the importance of customer relationships - including the crucial role of the General Manager, Operations Managers and front-line Supervisors in growing those relationships. This position is a critical link between each distribution centre and senior leadership and is held accountable for the success and growthof the group. In this Operations Director role:
* You'll drive a culture of performance and results through your teams
* You'll create and enhance great relationships with your customer(s)
* You'll assemble and direct strong teams at each distribution center in your group
* You'll manage multiple teams and support their professional development at all levels
* You'll support your group and drive performance by developing a strong network throughout DHL Supply Chain's functional departments
* You'll be a key member of the senior leadership/executive team of the largest global supply chain company
* You'll have access to a myriad of development and educational programs to help your leaders grow
* You'll work with your manager on developing your growth and career direction
* You'll get results
* You'll love it
You won't find a leadership opportunity like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. If you're an active leader with a can-do attitude who's passionate about doing thing the right way the first time, join us - the world is waiting for you. Now - here's what we need from you
* Experience at a senior level working with multiple stakeholders including external customers
* Ideally, you'll have 3PL experience but if you can demonstrate that you have what we need, we would consider applicants from a non-3PL environment
* You will need to be able to demonstrate your ability to drive continuous improvement and cost down initiatives whilst balancing this with growing your teams and your account(s)
* You will have a proven track record in demonstrating effective management of the P&L and be able to share examples of driving cost down initiatives whilst maintaining great service and people satisfaction.
Facts and FiguresDivisionV7, SUPPLY CHAINEmployment TypePermanent Full-TimeBusiness UnitDHL Supply Chain UKContract TypePermanent (Full-Time) LocationUnited KingdomWorking HoursJob TypeWarehousing, Package Handling & DistributionShift RequirementDay time onlyCareer LevelSenior ManagersRelocation OfferedNoneResponsible forTravel RequiredBelow 25%Reports toTravel ExtentWithin regionTarget Hire Date21/03/2018Work Permit RequiredYes